Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ignore List

1. Jan 10, 2009 #1
    If you add someone to your Ignore List, will it prevent them from sending you unwanted messages? I've got someone on here, who is just plain mean spirited to me, and I would rather not have any contact with her at all.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2009 #2

Staff: Mentor

You can't exclude a single person, but you can block them from pm'ng you by selecting this option. Contacts would be people on your "Friends" list.

"You may limit the receipt of private messages to just mentors and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging. "

Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Mentors

If the person is sending you messages after asking them to stop, you can report them to the mentors.
  4. Jan 10, 2009 #3
    Thanks very much.
  5. Jan 11, 2009 #4

Gold Member

I'm glad that you're on my 'friends' list. :smile:
  6. Jan 11, 2009 #5
    Forever friends Danger. {hugs}
  7. Jan 11, 2009 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The ignore list should block posts and Pm's from anybody who is on it. The other alternative is as Evo says, to limit messages to friends and mentors.

I do believe that ignored users can still use the visitor messaging feature though in which case you will have to limit this to friends and mentors only.
  8. Jan 12, 2009 #7
    Thanks Kurdt.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?