Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IH5143 or IH5043 PSpice Model

1. Jul 22, 2009 #1
    Does anyone have, or know where to find, a model for one of these dual supply, SPDT analog switches?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2009 #2
    My LTSpice has a voltage controlled SPST switch. Two of these could easily make a SPDT switch.

4. Jul 22, 2009 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Hmm. I don't see one in the Maxim info page (the "Models" option is greyed out):

http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/1504

Is Maxim the only manufacturer?

5. Jul 22, 2009 #4
    Tried Maxim and Intersil, neither has a model available. I am using Orcard 16.2, and it only has user controlled SPST or SPDT switches. I need to be able to switch inputs dynamically at 10kHz.

6. Jul 22, 2009 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I would use the simplified schematic from the part datasheets, and add components to model the capacitances and other values in the datasheets. That will give you a reasonable starting point, especially for 10kHz.

A good book for tuning up models is "Semiconductor Device Modeling with SPICE", edited by Antognetti and Massobrio. Your school library may have a copy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook