Where Can I Find a Model for Dual Supply SPDT Analog Switches for Orcard 16.2?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a model for a dual supply, SPDT analog switch. The participants have tried looking for models from manufacturers like Maxim and Intersil, but none are available. They discuss using a simplified schematic and adding components to model the switch's capacitances and other values. A book recommendation for tuning up models is also mentioned.
jwcannad
Does anyone have, or know where to find, a model for one of these dual supply, SPDT analog switches?

Engineering news on Phys.org
My LTSpice has a voltage controlled SPST switch. Two of these could easily make a SPDT switch.

jwcannad said:
Does anyone have, or know where to find, a model for one of these dual supply, SPDT analog switches?

Hmm. I don't see one in the Maxim info page (the "Models" option is greyed out):

http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/1504

Is Maxim the only manufacturer?

Tried Maxim and Intersil, neither has a model available. I am using Orcard 16.2, and it only has user controlled SPST or SPDT switches. I need to be able to switch inputs dynamically at 10kHz.

jwcannad said:
Tried Maxim and Intersil, neither has a model available. I am using Orcard 16.2, and it only has user controlled SPST or SPDT switches. I need to be able to switch inputs dynamically at 10kHz.

I would use the simplified schematic from the part datasheets, and add components to model the capacitances and other values in the datasheets. That will give you a reasonable starting point, especially for 10kHz.

A good book for tuning up models is "Semiconductor Device Modeling with SPICE", edited by Antognetti and Massobrio. Your school library may have a copy.

What is IH5143 or IH5043 PSpice Model?

IH5143 and IH5043 PSpice Model are two types of simulation models used in the PSpice software. They are mathematical representations of electronic components or circuits, which can be used to predict their behavior and performance in a circuit.

How are IH5143 and IH5043 PSpice Models different from each other?

Although both models are used for simulating electronic circuits, IH5143 and IH5043 differ in terms of their structure and parameters. IH5143 is a generic PSpice model, while IH5043 is a specific model for a particular type of component. IH5043 also has more detailed parameters compared to IH5143.

What types of circuits can be simulated using IH5143 or IH5043 PSpice Model?

IH5143 and IH5043 PSpice Models can be used to simulate various types of circuits, including analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits. They are commonly used in the design and analysis of electronic systems, such as amplifiers, filters, and power supplies.

How accurate are IH5143 and IH5043 PSpice Models?

The accuracy of these models depends on various factors, such as the complexity of the circuit, the quality of input data, and the level of detail in the model. In general, these models provide a reasonably accurate representation of the circuit's behavior, but it is always recommended to verify the results through physical testing.

Where can I find IH5143 or IH5043 PSpice Model?

Both IH5143 and IH5043 PSpice Models can be found in the libraries of PSpice software or on the manufacturer's website. They can also be obtained from third-party sources, but it is essential to ensure their accuracy and reliability before use.