1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Iinclined PLane force problem

1. Mar 2, 2008 #1
    I've tried as much methods as I can think of but none have been fruitful, I need help please!! heres the question:
    An engine is used to pull a train of two cars out of a mine. The floor slopes upward at an angle of 22 degrees. Each car has a mass of 1.1x10^4 Kg and normally travels without friction on the tracks. The engine can exert a maximum force of 1.6x10^5 N on car A. If the engineer again throttles back so that the force exerted by the engine on car A decreases at the constant rate of 2.9 N per second, how long before the train stops moving up the track? Assume the original speed was 3.4 m/s
    Please don't just write the answer, try as much as possible to explain..I'm here to learn, a friend told me about this

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2008 #2
    i didnt know we're not supposed to post here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?