1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IJTP-any opinions?

1. May 3, 2009 #1
    IJTP---any opinions?

Hi,

First of all let me just point out that I am new to PF. So, hi all.

Secondly, just going to bring up that I got a paper into International Journal of Theoretical Physics. But that's a side issue, really. I'm not here to promote the paper itself, let alone the material, because I've got time for all that.

I'll give a bit of background for those who don't know what it is I'm talking about. Their website is here:
    http://www.springer.com/physics/journal/10773. It's a modest journal...its name is known, and the name of the publishing company is probably best known. They've got a very good editing/office staff and are very expedient, from my (limited) experience. But they're not really one of the biggest contenders, having an impact factor well below .5 according to wikipedia (though I'm not sure how reliable that statistic is, or how dated).

So. Erm. Point being, I'm a bit young to worry about impact factors and all that stuff and really just think I might want to continue working with these folks, provided they continue the fast, comprehensible publishing service they've been providing me (and whomever might actually want to read the paper) with (this account is in no way affiliated with Springer Netherlands, I assure you. haha ;). Just wanted to hear what you all might have to say about similar (or contrary) experiences with the journal.

Many regards =].

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted