Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ike and the Alien Ambassadors

1. Feb 19, 2004 #1
    Ike and the Alien Ambassadors
    The Whole Tooth About the President's Extraterrestrial Encounter

"Ike" is President Eisenhower

washingtonpost.com today

By Peter Carlson
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, February 19, 2004; Page C01

Fifty years ago tomorrow -- on Feb. 20, 1954 -- President Dwight Eisenhower interrupted his vacation in Palm Springs, Calif., to make a secret nocturnal trip to a nearby Air Force base to meet two extraterrestrial aliens.

Or maybe not. Maybe Ike just went to the dentist. There's some dispute about this.

The Ike-met-with-ETs theory is advanced by Michael Salla, a former American University professor who now runs the Peace Ambassador Program at AU's Center for Global Peace.

The Ike-went-to-the-dentist theory is advanced by the folks at the Dwight D. Eisenhower Library in Abilene, Kan. And by James M. Mixson, a dentist, professor of dentistry and historian of presidential dental work.

Just to make things more intriguing: On the night in question, the Associated Press reported this: "Pres. Eisenhower died tonight of a heart attack in Palm Springs."

Two minutes later, the AP retracted that bulletin......
    ======

it's a 'good story'--part of the lure and lore of one of the most interesting subjects in the World today--UFOs--have they made 'contact'---are they the 'tooth-fairies'?

why do people waste their time reading those silly 'detective' stories?

(printer version/entire article)
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A53203-2004Feb18?language=printer

(article-but it doesn't have the cool photo of Ike with UFOs around his head in the 'home edition' !)
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53203-2004Feb18.html

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Imagine that, The Washington Post does UFO conspiracy theories now.

Without commenting specifically on the alien claim, I find the dental story to be beyond repute. Clearly a cover story of this magnitude would require resources completely beyond that of any sitting U.S. president.

So mouseonmoon, if you don't mind sharing, exactly what do you believe about all of this UFO, alien conspiracy stuff? Are you convinced of anything in particular?

4. Feb 20, 2004 #3
    I'm afriad "belief" closes the mind--what comes next, "either/or"-- locked in a box--either with 'believers' or 'non-believers'- whose 'beliefs' don't really 'make sense' (to me) -"or", both 'make sense'....
    and both are right 'and' wrong?....

yes, I believe I 'll have another drink-I'm afriad of dentists.....

5. Feb 20, 2004 #4
    Most of my experiences in the dental chair easily compare with the horrors perpetrated on those abducted by aliens. I carry more oral implants than you could shake a stick at.

6. Feb 26, 2004 #5
    *quote*Just to make things more intriguing: On the night in question, the Associated Press reported this: "Pres. Eisenhower died tonight of a heart attack in Palm Springs."

Two minutes later, the AP retracted that bulletin......*end quote*

Now why would the AP have such a statement ready to go out? Did somebody boo boo and grab the wrong press release?

It's not a mater of "belief", but one of acceptance that something is going on behind the scenes. When the wool gets so thick it starts dropping off all by its self peoples eyes will see. This is what I see happening nowadays.

7. Feb 26, 2004 #6
    quote:
    Did somebody boo boo and grab the wrong press release?
    ==

suppose to be a reporter 'jokin' around?

this is a joke??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?