Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm a computer science student and I have a question

1. Apr 7, 2017 #1
    Hello all science nerds, engineers, doctors, etc., I want to know how to become from a computer science major to a physicist. What does it take? How and Why? Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2017 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. Apr 7, 2017 #3
    Thank you for you're welcome! How are you doing today Greg?

5. Apr 7, 2017 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Please start a new thread in the Academic Guidance forum to ask this type of question. Please give as much of your background as possible, and which school you are currently in.

6. Apr 7, 2017 #5
    The sun is shining so I am good!

7. Apr 7, 2017 #6

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

@Greg Bernhardt , that reminds me of a story told by a "motivational speaker" from many years back named Zig Zigler. He took some getting used to but was actually quite good and had useful lessons, unlike the "content free" feel-good speakers like Tony Robbins.

Anyway, he told the story (I'll condense it) of going into diner one morning on a really gray day with a driving rain and he said the the waitress "Hello darlin', how are you this fine sunny morning". She asked him if he was crazy, pointing out the window and commenting that this was one of the most miserable days in years. He looked at her sadly and said "Ah. You look outside to see what your weather is going to be like for the day. I look inside."

Learning to look inside to decide how your weather is going to be is a useful trait, I have found. Of course, umbrellas are also useful :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted