Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mean
In summary, my sister asked for socks for Christmas, and I got her a lot of socks. I'm trying to decide if I should get one big box or wrap every pair of socks individually.
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I asked my sister if there was anything special she really wanted for Christmas this year (I needed ideas so just had to outright ask). She told me socks. Yes, socks. :grumpy: So, I got her socks. Lots and lots of socks. (I did get some other stuff too, so I'm not quite that mean.) Okay, so now I'm trying to decide if I should get one big box and fill it with socks, or wrap every pair of socks individually? I'm leaning toward the individual wrapping idea. I was almost tempted to wrap each sock individually, but then decided to keep them as pairs at least. :biggrin:

Moral of the story: Don't ask Moonbear for socks for Christmas! :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought "socks" was code for Fauchon chocolates...?

Math Is Hard said:
I thought "socks" was code for Fauchon chocolates...?

:eek: Uh oh! Then she's going to be REALLY disappointed. I think there are a few pairs of chocolate colored socks. Do you think she'd notice the difference?

Maybe you can help me name all the socks. :biggrin: :rofl:

So, is she just a really practical person like that? Maybe she really wants socks. My stepfather gets the same thing from me every year: handkerchiefs, tennis balls, and a bottle of amaretto. He has very simple tastes, and if I venture out and try to give him anything outside that list, it's a waste.

I guess you could slip some little chocolates into the toes of the socks for a special surprise. No wait, maybe that's not a good idea. hmmm.. maybe some frozen broc-
no wait, that's no good either. *sigh* ok, I got nothin'!

p.s. I think you are an excellent sister even if you are just my virtual sis - you are funny, smart, and cool. :cool:
p.p.s. Don't forget that aluminum foil hat I asked for. :wink:

Well, the thing is, if you wrap them all up individually, the gag will get old after about the 3rd pair...

I've got the aluminum foil hat right here...oops! Now I've ruined the surprise.

She's not a very practical person, just she gives all the good ideas to her husband, and I get left with socks. :grumpy: She asked for trouser socks, so I know she means she needs nice ones for work, but I threw in some crazy ones too.

She didn't even wait for me to give her my list this year. :sad: I asked for the Harry Potter books and legos, and she told me she already bought my gift last month. :cry: That means more returns this year. She keeps trying to buy me clothes but they never fit.

I went with individually wrapped socks. :devil:

check said:
Well, the thing is, if you wrap them all up individually, the gag will get old after about the 3rd pair...

That's the mean part. :devil:

check said:
EXACTLY. I was going to write the exact same thing. It really does become un funny after about 30 seconds. I say all of them in a box is much funnier

tribdog said:
EXACTLY. I was going to write the exact same thing. It really does become un funny after about 30 seconds. I say all of them in a box is much funnier

:uhh: I already have them individually wrapped. Oh, I know, I can leave them individually wrapped but all in a bigger box. Once she's in a few, she'll know it's all the same, and then I can torture her making her unwrap every single pair.

And when did I say funny? I'm going for mean. :devil: This is my sister we're talking about, I have to torture her, it's my birthright! :rofl:

My daughter would go for the individually wrapped socks. She's refused to wear matching socks since sometime around junior high. She pretends its some kind of fashion statement, but I think she's just too lazy to sort socks.

Then again, it's hard to be mean to either of my daughters. My oldest daughter's aunt was pretty annoyed at having to drive her home at 3 in the morning, but didn't want to actually say anything. She put on her John Prine CD thinking that would really drive a inebriated college age girl nuts. My daughter knew the words and sang along with the CD.

"I woke up this morning,
Things were looking bad.
It seemed like total silence
Was the only friend I had.
A bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down
And won.
It was twelve o'clock before I realized I was havin'
No fun.

Ahhh, but fortunately...
I have the key
To escape reality."

Last edited:
BobG said:
My daughter would go for the individually wrapped socks. She's refused to wear matching socks since sometime around junior high. She pretends its some kind of fashion statement, but I think she's just too lazy to sort socks.

LOL! Now that sounds like my sister! I'll bet she doesn't really need socks, just has a huge laundry basket overflowing with unmatched socks and can no longer find two matching ones when she gets dressed in the morning. :tongue2:

See, i solved the problem by buying 20 pairs of matching socks. If the only socks i ahve are all the same, no unmatching pairs.

I wish I'd thought of that, I solved it by giving everyone I knew glasses that made them all look red.

Don't forget to put a piece of frozen broccoli in each of those socks.

You know the glove filled with water/gellatine trick worked wonders on my sister.

Ivan Seeking said:
Don't forget to put a piece of frozen broccoli in each of those socks.

Broccoli...got it! But if sock broccoli shows up on the table for Christmas dinner, I'm blaming you! :tongue2:

Mmmm! Sockolli!

Now, Moonbear are all the presents the same shape and size or did you wrap any deceptively? Like maybe one or two in odd shaped boxes - throwing something into weight the package or make it rattle?

Math Is Hard said:
Mmmm! Sockolli!

Now, Moonbear are all the presents the same shape and size or did you wrap any deceptively? Like maybe one or two in odd shaped boxes - throwing something into weight the package or make it rattle?

I wanted to wrap them deceptively, put some in shirt boxes, others in jewelry boxes, etc., but I didn't have enough room in the BIG box everything is going to be shipped in (I have to ship the gifts ahead because there's too much to take on a plane with me). The socks have come in handy though, they made good padding for the other stuff in the box. This isn't really turning out funny or mean. :frown: Actually, if I had more room, it's my brother-in-law's gifts I would have wrapped more deceptively. Did I tell you he's a box shaker? That annoys me. So I was going to put marbles or something like that into all his boxes. The other alternative is to pack them so tightly, they don't make any sound when he shakes them.

Moonbear said:
:uhh: I already have them individually wrapped. Oh, I know, I can leave them individually wrapped but all in a bigger box. Once she's in a few, she'll know it's all the same, and then I can torture her making her unwrap every single pair.
One gag that's awesome is to wrap the sockets in toilet paper (use several roles), then use layers and layers of duct tape. It's fun trying to open a soccer ball size present that turns out ot be just socks and toilet paper.

Moonbear said:
Moral of the story: Don't ask Moonbear for socks for Christmas! :tongue2:

Umm...can I have some socks?

What is "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" about?

"Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" is a children's book that tells the story of a bear named Moonbear who receives socks for Christmas from his sister, who is known for being mean. The book follows Moonbear as he learns to appreciate the gift and his sister's intentions.

Who is the target audience for "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story"?

The target audience for "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" is children ages 4-8 years old. However, the book can be enjoyed by readers of all ages.

What lesson does "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" teach?

"Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" teaches the lesson of gratitude and the importance of appreciating the thought behind a gift, rather than the gift itself. It also shows the power of forgiveness and love between siblings.

Is "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" based on a true story?

No, "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" is a fictional story. However, it may resonate with readers who have experienced similar situations with siblings or family members.

Who is the author of "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story"?

The author of "Moonbear Gets Socks for Christmas: A Mean Sister Story" is a scientist and children's book author, Dr. Sarah Johnson. She is known for her entertaining and educational stories that promote positive values and character development in children.