I'm a PhD student now!

• Thread starter Kalimaa23
  • Start date
It's official! As of 1st of October I'll be granted a part-time assistentship, which will enable me to start my PhD. A bunch of research groups have already expressed their interest, but my first choice will remain theoretical particle physics.

This means that I will also have to teach the exercise sessions for a couple of courses : Solid State and Radiation Physics, Electrodynamics and Special Relativity and finally Quantum Mechanics. Classes start next week. I've already had a few meeting with the professors involved and I must say that the atmosphere is really good. I like it already :biggrin:

Answers and Replies

congratulations!@

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Far out! Ausgezeichnet!

Congratulations, Dimitri!

Congratulations that is awesome!!!

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Great news after great news!

Congrats!

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
You go get 'em Dimitri!

Congrats man. I hope you get a good monthly pay. If you don't, try IWT, they pay very good and your lunch is FOR FREE :rofl:

marlon

marlon said:
Congrats man. I hope you get a good monthly pay. If you don't, try IWT, they pay very good and your lunch is FOR FREE :rofl:

marlon
Maybe later, it's certainly an option. This year this wasn't possible because the deadline was to close to my graduation.

Dimitri Terryn said:
Maybe later, it's certainly an option. This year this wasn't possible because the deadline was to close to my graduation.
yes indeed, anyway, veel succes

marlon

That is good news! Best wishes!