Dealing with a Failed E&m Class: Next Steps and Considerations

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    E&m
In summary, you failed E&M this semester and regret it. You may retake the class, but you are doubtful of success.
:frown: i told you all not to expect much. the grade hasn't been finalized yet... but... ya...

i studied really hard though, and thanks to the people who helped me. i learned a ton... it wasn't enough. i got all the conceptual stuff right... i just... mk... i still haven't really slept yet... I'm going to go to my room and stay there a while...

Physics news on Phys.org
any official word?

Ok, here's the only update i have. I know the final grades are posted at school, but school's two hours away, so i don't really intend to drive over and see. Grades will be posted on june first. What i do know though is all the right answers to the exam, and the answers that i put. I know for the multiple choice section i score a 75% which isn't quite enough to give me a C for the course. I wrote some answeres on the open ended section, but they weren't entirely right, and i have no idea what he'll give me for partial credit.

The best i know is that i did pass the final, and i did pass the class... but if i got a D in the class, i'll have to retake it anyways... but, things aren't so bad. I'm mostly pleased over all. I'm pretty bummed cause i know i missed one question because of a stupid mistake... and if i had got that one question, i know i'd've passed the whole course... it sucks, i knew the answer, filled in the wrong bubble, (i had to pick the correct diagram, and the correst diagram was 2, so i filled in the "b" bubble, but the answers were A) 1 B)2 C) 3... ect i have no idea why he switched the first two... arg)

Anyways, its wicked sweet that you guys are so interested in my grades. I'm like a mini soap opera or something eh? I don't know why you care... but its cool...

Congratulations, I knew you could do it.

Can you call or email the prof and ask him how you did on the open ended section?

Waited a week to ask this. :redface: So what was the grade? :biggrin:

A+ to life trouble,i'm afraid...:sad:

Daniel.

Gale17 said:
Um... hi... update...

so i email my prof, and he's like... tell you what.. if you get a C on the final... you'll pass the course... now I'm like... awesome... too bad i haven't studied and i have no hope of getting a C..

What ever you do, Don't get anything higher then a C or he'll fail you. He just told you if you get a C on the Final he will pass you. You get anything lower or higher then a C you will fail. Becareful! You got to aim for that C!

What ever you do, Don't get anything higher then a C or he'll fail you. He just told you if you get a C on the Final he will pass you. You get anything lower or higher then a C you will fail. Becareful! You got to aim for that C!

What kind of advice is that? How can you shoot to get a C on an exam? Hmmmm, ok, there are 50 questions, so maybe I'll get 13 wrong on purpose, because my Professor said I have to get a C, not a B, or an A, but a C! I don't think so!

Yea I know, rofl.

I just thought it was hilarious anyways. Sometimes Professors can be like that. I know one professor whom said you could bring a piece of paper with anything on it for the test. Well one student brought a graduate student and made the graduate student stand on the piece of paper by his desk so the graduate student could help him on the test. So the student got to use the graduate student on the test.

lol that's crazy.

Btw thanks to whoever mentioned those MIT lectures, they're really supplementing my study right now nicely. My professor mostly does the math, proofs and hints on how to solve the problems, and i found the more intuitive lecturing missing, but that's about all the MIT professor does so i feel I'm getting best of both worlds now :) Wish i could do this for all courses.

zeronem said:
Yea I know, rofl.

I just thought it was hilarious anyways. Sometimes Professors can be like that. I know one professor whom said you could bring a piece of paper with anything on it for the test. Well one student brought a graduate student and made the graduate student stand on the piece of paper by his desk so the graduate student could help him on the test. So the student got to use the graduate student on the test.

Ha! well that is a good one! well professsors can be alittle off these days. =)
ooh and can anyone tell me how to start a thread? ty

wow this thread is 2 years old!

to start a thread, click on "new topic" which is on the left above the other threads

erm..unfortunately, i can't find that 'button'..

It's on the left hand side of the screen. There's one at the top, and one at the bottom of the list of threads already in that forum. If you're using the Nexus skin, it's call "new thread" instead of "new topic".

of course, if you do have to revive old threads, horribly self-depreciating ones wouldn't really be my first choice...

so youv'e overcome your obstacle eventaully, gale?

Well, i retook the class and passed if that's what you mean. Still struggling with other things though...