1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm a treasure hunter

1. Apr 26, 2004 #1
    My girlfriend's dad bought one of those really nice metal detectors a couple of years ago. He never used it so I asked if I could borrow it. I've only had it for a couple of days now, but I'm finding stuff already. I found a stove and the refridgerator and then I went outside and got 3 nails, a bent screw and a blob of rust colored rust.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2004 #2
    I've had better luck with mine. I found Jimmy Hoffa from the keys in his pocket. That was kinda cool, but I realized I had no use for him, and left him there. Later I found 74 cents. That was cool.

4. Apr 27, 2004 #3
    Yeah, I've found quite a bit of change too, but everytime I try to get it the people start freaking out and tell me to get my hands out of their pockets.

5. Apr 27, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

LOL LMAO ROFL. hahaha. I've never tried metal detecting, but it sounds like fun.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?