Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm celebrating in my mind

1. Oct 19, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As I sit here working and popping in on PF from time to time, I find myself busting at the seams and unable to keep this to myself any longer. According to those who would know [and have the contacts], after twelve long, often gut wrenching, once or twice terrifying, always sleep deprived, often lonely years of working in my field, it seems that I have officially reached a new plateau - the top of the food chain! My latest project seems to have established me as a top level industrial systems integrator. Going into this project I knew that it would be a real stretch, but it never occurred to me that other people were watching in this way.

As of today I have the last and most difficult of five networks online. So for one, for the first time in two months I may dare to breathe a little, and, due to yet a second conversation to this effect today, this also seems to be a key moment in my career. So, please forgive my bragging but it feels like a party is going on in my head!!! Hopefully this means that eventually I can aim for something closer to a normal life again. Since I started my business over seven years ago, eighty hour weeks have been the norm. For example, I have had two days off in the last two months and have worked 14 to 16 hours a day...and loving it!. :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

WOOHOO!!!!!! Way to go Ivan!!!!! :approve:

So, can I quit my job and come live with you and Tsu now? o:)

4. Oct 19, 2005 #3
    Congratulations! Great news!

5. Oct 19, 2005 #4
    there's only one word for an occasion like this.

Awsomeness.

6. Oct 20, 2005 #5
    Don't forget to send in the Merry Maids, mind parties can be so messy!

Congratulations, on a well deserved pat on the back! Might as well as add a "atta" boy too!

7. Oct 20, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Good on ya, pal! It goes to show that with skill, perserverence, and sacrifice, even short, grey, funny-looking guys with weird eyes can be successful.:biggrin: Congrats!

8. Oct 20, 2005 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's great Ivan!! Hooray! I always imagine you sequestered away, working tirelessly in a little shed, impatient helper-cat nipping at your toes. Now you can come out and get some sunlight on your grey alien hide!

9. Oct 20, 2005 #8

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Attaboy, Ivan!

Congratulations, and Well Done!

10. Oct 20, 2005 #9

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Well, you know, there is only just ONE way for you to celebrate this: YOU HAVE TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

<now, show of hands for people who were not expecting me to say that>

Join me, Evo, and Moonbie this January, why don't you? I suppose Tsu could come along too if she wants to. :)

Zz.

11. Oct 20, 2005 #10

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Congrats Ivan ! Good for you. :approve:

12. Oct 20, 2005 #11

Galileo

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Congratulations Ivan! Undoubtedly well deserved :cool:

13. Oct 20, 2005 #12
    That`s fantastic news, after reading some of your posts where you were stressed beyond belief, i`m realy pleased you are getting some positive feedback.

GOOD WORK FELLA

14. Oct 20, 2005 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks all. Now if I don't screw something up before the start-up it will be a great week!

Zapper, one of the things on my list of things to do in life is to go to Disneyworld. I had hoped to time this with a shuttle launch, but perhaps I waited too long. :frown:

15. Oct 20, 2005 #14
    Ivan what is it that you do? 'Industrial system intergrator' sounds interesting...

16. Oct 20, 2005 #15

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Note to Evo and Moonbie: If our January trip goes well and we don't kill each other, let's make an effort to get Ivan and Tsu to go to Disney World in early Sept. next year! It will be another unofficial PF Gathering!

:)

Zz.

17. Oct 20, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think we should wait for next September. C'mon Ivan and Tsu, join us in January! I think the more witnesses we have to Zz's insanity in Disney World, the more fun we'll have retelling the stories in lavish detail! :biggrin: Tell Tsu we're celebrating with green apple martinis!

18. Oct 20, 2005 #17
    Congrats Ivan! It sounds like you should take a vacation.

Adn I think that Zz, Evo, and Moonie all need to go to Disneyland instead because it's closer to Tsu and Ivan..... and me.:wink:

19. Oct 20, 2005 #18

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I wholeheartedly agree! What better reason to join us than to see me make a complete fool of myself in front of everybody? And I'll try my darndest to drag Moonbie and Evo into this too.

Just think of the pictures you guys would have!!

Zz.

20. Oct 20, 2005 #19

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm going to Disneyland in June! You won't have an excuse not to meet up with me then!

Zz.

21. Oct 20, 2005 #20
    There are plenty of SoCal PFers too. Have you already been rallying them to meet you?

I haven't stepped into the Disneymania thread yet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?