Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm complaining to Mr.Bush

1. Jun 26, 2005 #1
    This forum is anti-democratic!!!!! How can a moderator deem a thread unworthy of discussion. (Two of my threads were closed). How is the moderator selected? Is this Taliban where freedom of speech is prohibited? The moderator should be selected by elections and not selections.

I've decided to write a long letter to Mr.Bush and ask him to invade this forum and make it more democratic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wuz just kidding, but can't the moderator be selected through poll??

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2005 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

May I suggest you REREAD what you agreed to when you signed up to be a member of this group. And then come back here and figure out if you still want to stay.

Zz.

4. Jun 26, 2005 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's because it's not a democracy. It's a privately-run forum.

5. Jun 26, 2005 #4

Danger

Gold Member

The letter can be long, but make sure to use very short (preferably monosyllabic) words and simple sentences. You might also want to print it in crayon so he'll feel more comfortable with trying to understand it.

6. Jun 26, 2005 #5

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Call that "private property".We're guests here,we should behave,else a boot in the a$$ is all get as a farewell present... :tongue2:

Daniel.

7. Jun 26, 2005 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Nice to hear that.So we're going to have lots of army people here who will never leave us.I think it will take to give us our liberty forever just like Iraq.now the only problem for him is to find an excuse and force other countries to come and help!
    Let me see:
    Is Ben Laden around here?or do site managers hide some nuclear weapons?!

8. Jun 26, 2005 #7

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That reminds me. US forces have bombed a department store in central London. Apparently someone told Bush that Bed Linen was on the third floor.

9. Jun 26, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl:

10. Jun 26, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:
    In case any part of your post is serious: this site is not sponsored by the US government and is not in the public domain, it is privately owned. Think of it as a private club with an open-door policy and an open mic; if you start using the stage for some purpose other than what our club's purpose is, you'll get the shepherd's crook pulling you back off. Pretty much the same concept here.

However, that might be an interesting new way of handling the crackpots who complain we're censoring them; tell them to write a letter to Bush and complain about it. At the least, it'll keep them busy writing a letter and waiting for a reply, at the best, they'll get a visit from some guys in black suits and mirrored sunglasses and we'll never hear from them again. :devil: :biggrin: :rofl:

11. Jun 26, 2005 #10

Danger

Gold Member

Would those be aviator-style sunglasses?

12. Jun 26, 2005 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

God damn.I was ok afew minutes ago and now I'm almost feeling bad.maybe it's coz I'm already afraid of happening world war III here in PF!(it's also possible that someone put a curse on me coz I bother someone so badly by what I said about him 1 hour ago) :grumpy:

13. Jun 26, 2005 #12

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There are many reasons why threads are closed. Your thread was not closed because of anything you did.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?