Is This Forum Anti-Democratic? The Selection Process for Moderators

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
In summary, the moderator is selected by anti-democratic means and the forum does not allow freedom of speech.
chound
This forum is anti-democratic! How can a moderator deem a thread unworthy of discussion. (Two of my threads were closed). How is the moderator selected? Is this Taliban where freedom of speech is prohibited? The moderator should be selected by elections and not selections.

I've decided to write a long letter to Mr.Bush and ask him to invade this forum and make it more democratic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wuz just kidding, but can't the moderator be selected through poll??

Physics news on Phys.org
chound said:
This forum is anti-democratic! How can a moderator deem a thread unworthy of discussion. (Two of my threads were closed). How is the moderator selected? Is this Taliban where freedom of speech is prohibited? The moderator should be selected by elections and not selections.

I've decided to write a long letter to Mr.Bush and ask him to invade this forum and make it more democratic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

May I suggest you REREAD what you agreed to when you signed up to be a member of this group. And then come back here and figure out if you still want to stay.

Zz.

chound said:
This forum is anti-democratic!

That's because it's not a democracy. It's a privately-run forum.

chound said:
I've decided to write a long letter to Mr.Bush and ask him to invade this forum and make it more democratic.]
The letter can be long, but make sure to use very short (preferably monosyllabic) words and simple sentences. You might also want to print it in crayon so he'll feel more comfortable with trying to understand it.

brewnog said:
That's because it's not a democracy. It's a privately-run forum.

Call that "private property".We're guests here,we should behave,else a boot in the a$$ is all get as a farewell present... :tongue2:

Daniel.

Nice to hear that.So we're going to have lots of army people here who will never leave us.I think it will take to give us our liberty forever just like Iraq.now the only problem for him is to find an excuse and force other countries to come and help!
Let me see:
Is Ben Laden around here?or do site managers hide some nuclear weapons?!

Lisa! said:
Is Ben Laden around here?or do site managers hide some nuclear weapons?!

That reminds me. US forces have bombed a department store in central London. Apparently someone told Bush that Bed Linen was on the third floor.

brewnog said:
That reminds me. US forces have bombed a department store in central London. Apparently someone told Bush that Bed Linen was on the third floor.
:rofl: :rofl:

chound said:

:rofl:
In case any part of your post is serious: this site is not sponsored by the US government and is not in the public domain, it is privately owned. Think of it as a private club with an open-door policy and an open mic; if you start using the stage for some purpose other than what our club's purpose is, you'll get the shepherd's crook pulling you back off. Pretty much the same concept here.

However, that might be an interesting new way of handling the crackpots who complain we're censoring them; tell them to write a letter to Bush and complain about it. At the least, it'll keep them busy writing a letter and waiting for a reply, at the best, they'll get a visit from some guys in black suits and mirrored sunglasses and we'll never hear from them again. :devil: :biggrin: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
they'll get a visit from some guys in black suits and mirrored sunglasses and we'll never hear from them again. :devil: :biggrin: :rofl:
Would those be aviator-style sunglasses?

God damn.I was ok afew minutes ago and now I'm almost feeling bad.maybe it's coz I'm already afraid of happening world war III here in PF!(it's also possible that someone put a curse on me coz I bother someone so badly by what I said about him 1 hour ago) :grumpy:

chound said:
There are many reasons why threads are closed. Your thread was not closed because of anything you did.

1. Why would someone complain to Mr. Bush?

People may complain to Mr. Bush about various issues such as government policies, personal grievances, or concerns about the state of the country.

2. Is Mr. Bush still in a position of power to address complaints?

No, Mr. Bush is no longer the president of the United States and does not hold any official political position. However, he may still be contacted for personal or professional matters.

3. How can I complain to Mr. Bush?

You can try contacting Mr. Bush through his personal website or social media accounts. However, it is unlikely that he will personally respond to individual complaints.

4. Are there other avenues for addressing my complaints besides Mr. Bush?

Yes, there are various channels such as government agencies, elected officials, and advocacy groups that may be better suited for addressing your specific complaint.

5. Is it appropriate to complain to Mr. Bush about political issues?

This is a subjective question and depends on one's personal beliefs and opinions. However, it is important to consider whether Mr. Bush has any current influence or involvement in the specific political issue before complaining to him.