New Chinese University Student Seeks to Learn About Physics

In summary: I use Tapatalk by my phone,so i can just view post,view topic and sent a private message.Private message would also be an acceptable alternative.
Palacekeep
Hello!I'm from China and a new university student.but I'm sorry that i can’t write in english well and i worry about some summary wrong i may have.i love physics and i want to know more knowledge about it.
by accident,i found this foreign forum.i am curious about foreign thinking of physics.i am not sure if i will be welcome.Anybody would like tell me something about this forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, Palacekeep :smile:!

We're a forum devoted to helping people learn mainstream science, especially physics. As far as I know, there is no 'foreign' thinking physics -- physics is physics all around the world.

Hello Palacekeep; welcome to PF!
Enjoy your stay here!
Greetings and regards.:approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry Palacekeep, you will excel more at physics and develop your English if you stick around here. ;)

Welcome to PF! :smile:

Thank all the people very much. Iwill make every effort tolearn english well and share some knowledge what i will learn . sometimes i also ask some questions.

I want to where is the area of this forum.I am sorry but i can‘t find it through the internet.Thanks!

Enigman said:
Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums
Physics Forums
If you were asking about the geographical location- its spread out throughout the world.
There are members from china, japan, india, middle east, europe, u.s.a., Canada etc. the list goes on and on...
I‘m sorry that i can’t describe what i mean well.In fact,i want to know the geographical location as what you said because i want to adapt to the time in forum and the time in China.But now i think
i can calculate the time lag by myself.How foolish i am!thank you for all your help,and...can you tell me if there are some app for android about this forum.I have a mobile phone and i use chrome but
it isn't convenient.

You can visit the site with your phone using Chrome or IE, you will see the ads to download PF app site for Android. Or you can go to your Android phone's Store and search for physicsforums, the app is also published there.

Thank you.I have download the app and it is convenient.As you see,i just reply by my phone.

Now i have been in my university.I am in SouthChina normal university.As far as i am concerned,my university is very big and beautiful,so that i always worry whether i would be lose my way.All in all,i must try my best to learn more here.But i think i should make some preparasion for minitary training.It will start in the day after tomorrow.

Palacekeep said:
Now i have been in my university.I am in SouthChina normal university.As far as i am concerned,my university is very big and beautiful,so that i always worry whether i would be lose my way.All in all,i must try my best to learn more here.But i think i should make some preparasion for minitary training.It will start in the day after tomorrow.

I'm starting university this month, too (studying physics). Best of luck!

plancking said:
I'm starting university this month, too (studying physics). Best of luck!

Do you need minitary training?That is so exhausted

No, I don't... do you still have enough time for your studies after military training? It sounds like a lot to balance.

You should carry out this conversation in visitor messages...

plancking said:
No, I don't... do you still have enough time for your studies after military training? It sounds like a lot to balance.

There is still no plan about study now.Our minitary training will be end on 18 Setp..Follow on it,we will start to carry our study plan.

Enigman said:
You should carry out this conversation in visitor messages...

l am sorry that i can't understand it.How to be in visitor messages?

Palacekeep said:
l am sorry that i can't understand it.How to be in visitor messages?

When you click on a person's profile picture to the left of the post, you can visit their profile.

From there, you can directly post on someone's profile.

^^o

HayleySarg said:
When you click on a person's profile picture to the left of the post, you can visit their profile.

From there, you can directly post on someone's profile.

^^o

I use Tapatalk by my phone,so i can just view post,view topic and sent a private message.

Private message would also be an acceptable alternative. =)

Likes 1 person

1. What is the importance of learning about physics as a Chinese university student?

Learning about physics is important for all university students, regardless of their nationality. Physics is the study of how the universe works, and it can help us understand everything from the smallest particles to the largest galaxies. It also provides a strong foundation for other scientific disciplines and can lead to a better understanding of how the world around us functions.

2. What are some specific topics that a Chinese university student might learn in a physics course?

A Chinese university student learning about physics may study topics such as classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and relativity. They may also learn about topics specific to the Chinese context, such as the history and development of Chinese physics or current research being conducted in China.

3. What are the career opportunities for a Chinese university student with a degree in physics?

A degree in physics can open up a wide range of career opportunities for a Chinese university student. They may pursue careers in fields such as research, engineering, data analysis, teaching, and more. Many companies and organizations value the problem-solving and analytical skills that come with a physics degree, making it a versatile and valuable qualification.

4. How can a Chinese university student best prepare for studying physics?

To prepare for studying physics, a Chinese university student should have a strong foundation in mathematics and critical thinking skills. It can also be helpful to familiarize oneself with basic physics concepts and terminology. Additionally, seeking out resources such as textbooks, online courses, and study groups can aid in preparation for studying physics.

5. What are some resources available for Chinese university students who want to learn more about physics?

There are many resources available for Chinese university students who want to learn more about physics. These may include textbooks, online courses, scientific journals, research papers, and study groups. Additionally, many universities offer physics tutoring and have specialized physics libraries and labs for students to utilize. Taking advantage of these resources can greatly enhance a student's understanding and learning of physics.