Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm Getting Glasses

1. Mar 16, 2005 #1
    So, i'm pretty psyched, cause i went to the eye doctor and found out, that i semi sorta do need glasses! I've wanted them for years, cause i think glasses are really hot. I'm only a little bit near-sighted, and i have a slight stigmatism in my right eye, but my overall vision's like 20/30 i think.... So, legal to drive and all that. But i'm getting glasses anyways. I'm sort hoping i'll look less intimidating in them, to the other geeky boys in class. Probably won't happen, but meh. I think i look sorta like a hot librarian in them, you know like "hey boys, do you need help finding something? whats that you're studying anatomy?... *whoosh, books go flying*... Let me help." heheh... Anyways, thats my big exciting news, thought i'd share....

~Gale~

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, now you can catch mattmns attention. He likes gals in glasses! :wink:

4. Mar 17, 2005 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

cool! :cool: pair the glasses with a tight sweater and you will kill! Just watch out for lecherous profs! :wink:
    And of course you know the old trick about putting your hair up in a bun and then releasing it and flipping your flowing locks around?
    I bet Moonbear's stunned a few boys with that one. :smile:

5. Mar 17, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: You know, this whole goddess thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. Most men are too intimidated to talk to me, and the ones that are interested get thrown into the volcano. :rolleyes: Maybe I should start wearing glasses too. :cool:

6. Mar 17, 2005 #5

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Glasses really do make a person less intimidating. I find it a lot easier to talk to girls that wear glasses just because they seem more "my type".

Just don't tie your hair back and wear glasses at the same time. You'll look like the up-tight librarian instead of the cute librarian. :wink:

7. Mar 17, 2005 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Hi Gale17;
    As mentioned in a few other spots, I'm brand new to both the net and this site. I don't know what is proper and what isn't as far as these (forums?) go. If it isn't out of bounds, I would like to point out from the standpoint of a semi-professional lecher that if your picture in the "picture" part of this site is anything resembling reality, then your only choice should be whether you want to associate with men of your intellectual level or men in general, any one of whom would kill to be with you. (I'm not being superficial; in my few days of being here, I have come to the conclusion that you must be of a special mind.) This site is irregular in that normal life tends to put beauty and brains in opposite corners. Here, they go together. (Always have, in my view.) It is sad but true that most guys in your age group (I'm guessing high school or early university) who are bright enough to hold your interest might be timid. I went through that 35 years ago. The best thing that you can do is to pick whatever glasses work best for you, and portray yourself the way that you want to be perceived. Approach all guys as intellectual equals (even though most won't be). The ones that admire your mind as well as your body will stay; the jocks will dip their heads in shame and run, or pretend to their buddies that you're too stuck up for them. Their loss.

8. Mar 17, 2005 #7

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hahahahaaaaaaa you're a specky four eyes! Ner ner ne nerr nerrr! :smile:

9. Mar 17, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Hey, Nog;
    Good bloody thing that I don't sleep much, or I might have missed your appearance. Since I wear tri-focals, does that make me six-eyes?

10. Mar 17, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

And before you say 8, the biological ones don't count.

11. Mar 17, 2005 #10
    Awesome! I love chicks with glasses :!!)

12. Mar 17, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Seems to me that most of the super-heroes wore glasses because people were too stupid to recognize them. Careful with this lady; she can probably squash you like a bug.

13. Mar 17, 2005 #12
    agh my eyesight is also slowly deteriorating, especially my right eye (left eye is okay). Im going to have to switch to a monacle or something (why wear glasses when only one eye is affected). Hm... it might also make people think im rich or something, and might get a little more respect too :smile:.

Nah, wouldn't work anyway, id probably make me look snobbish. If I were to wear glasses it'd be the very light thin-framed, rectangular shape.

Still would prefer the monacle though...

14. Mar 17, 2005 #13

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't worry, you're so pretty no matter the glasses you wear. :blushing:

15. Mar 17, 2005 #14

Danger

Gold Member

If one wore a monocle a lot, wouldn't s/he look like a surprised Spock when it's removed?

16. Mar 17, 2005 #15
    YAY, i'm glad everyone else thinks its as cool as i do. I get them tomorrow hopefully, so maybe i'll take a pic this weekend so yall can see how awesome... (or not awesome) i look in them. Actually... i also just dyed my hair red.... its only temporary, like 10 wash or whatever, and i just dyed it like 5 minutes ago, so i'm not sure what it looks like caue my hair is still wet. If my hair doesn't look too horrible, maybe i'll take a picture. If its bad, maybe i'll wait a few weeks for it to fade out, heh.

BTW, i heard someone say that wearing glasses makes your eyes worse... is that true? i hope not, cause i would prefer not to be blind when i'm older, just cause i thought i'd look hot in glasses....

17. Mar 17, 2005 #16

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You know you can buy glasses with blank lenses, right? With no prescription ground into them?

- Warren

18. Mar 17, 2005 #17
    Ack, what's the fun in that! You might as well take a regular pair of glasses and punch out the lenses and just wear the frame!

19. Mar 17, 2005 #18
    Pff forget that. I would wear an eyepatch. :smile: Yarrrrhhhh!!!!

20. Mar 17, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, that's way too superficial to wear fake glasses. :rolleyes: I'm not that vain.

I like the eyepatch idea. Though, a monacle sounds fun to me. I've never seen anyone wearing one of those except the cartoon guy on the Monopoly box. :biggrin:

21. Mar 17, 2005 #20

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Someone has been playing too much Monkey Island.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?