Gale Gets Glasses: Exciting News & Hot Librarian Look

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary: I've wanted them for years, cause i think glasses are really hot. I'm only a little bit near-sighted, and i have a slight stigmatism in my right eye, but my overall vision's like 20/30 i think... So, legal to drive and all that. But I'm getting glasses anyways. I'm sort hoping i'll look less intimidating in them, to the other geeky boys in class. Probably won't happen, but meh. I think i look sort of like a hot librarian in them, you know like "hey boys, do you need help finding something? what's that you're studying anatomy?... *whoosh, books go flying*... Let me help." hehe
Moonbear, oh love of my life, I am shattered! Consider a combination of 'The Great Escape' and the Three Stooges, written and directed by people of lesser talent than Mel Brooks. Believe it or not, Richard Dawson did have a career before 'Family Feud' (not during or after). He was the token Brit in the POW camp. And before Brewnog or other erstwhile Brits bring it up, 'The Great Escape' was based upon a true story about British POW's. Hollyweird has trouble with stuff like that. :zzz:

Physics news on Phys.org
PS: Who is ever too old to watch cartoons? The best opera that I ever heard or saw was 'The Bunny of Seville' starring, of course, Bugs. And the Flintstones was merely a celludoid version of the classic "Honeymooners" with Jackie Gleason.

Hey Gale..
Hope you look cool with your new glasses. Anyway, have you tried wearing contacts instead? :)

Danger said:
PS: Who is ever too old to watch cartoons? The best opera that I ever heard or saw was 'The Bunny of Seville' starring, of course, Bugs. And the Flintstones was merely a celludoid version of the classic "Honeymooners" with Jackie Gleason.

Okay, not too old for cartoons, but too old to get into newer cartoons. I prefer the old classics...the Road Runner and Wile E Coyote are my favorite Loony Toons.

You speak truly. They and Bugs/Daffy were the best ever. Never mind those politically correct bits of commercial-stuffing they put out now. (Except for the Pixar stuff, of course.) I believe that most of my inventive tendencies are directly channeling the fellow in charge of Acme Industries. Also, my car is a Roadrunner, so I have to maintain family loyalty.

Hey hey all! i got some pics of my new glasses which just came in. Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• MyPicture015.jpg
    MyPicture015.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 447
  • MyPicture008.jpg
    MyPicture008.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 404
  • MyPicture011.jpg
    MyPicture011.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 447
Pending approval.....

mattmns said:
Pending approval.....
I approve already, but I can't look at them yet. :tongue2:

Gale, you look ADORABLE! :approve:

Great pictures!

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :devil: :tongue2:
How long 'til you're 18?

Looking good, Gale.

http://myfiles.dyndns.org:8080/macros/wp02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ShawnD said:
Looking good, Gale.
Now that's just disturbing...

Love 'em: Looks great. Except! What's up with them ear rings? Those things look crazy.

Heh... thanks... actually I'm exactly 17.5 today! yay go me! and um... i like those earings actually... heh... but i have weird tastes...

Gale17 said:
i have weird tastes...
Pretty obvious from your choice of forums...

Happy demi-birthday, by the way. I guess I can behave myself for another 6 months. :wink:

Last edited:
Danger said:
Now that's just disturbing...
What do you have against Grissom?

It's not so much the earings as it is the smile that makes the portrait.

ShawnD said:
What do you have against Grissom?
Nothing, per se. I'm just wondering why as a guy you have a picture of him instead of that nice naked one of Marg Helgenberger.

Because I doubt a picture of Marg would somehow show approval of Gale's new look.

Maybe this one is slightly more appropriate.

http://myfiles.dyndns.org:8080/macros/thorgasm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look great! And I like the earrings too! I can't wear dangly earrings; they get tangled in my hair. :grumpy: Well, since I let the holes in my ears close, I can't wear ANY of my earrings. I didn't do it on purpose, just don't wear earrings often enough, and then one day I went to put on a pair and discovered the holes stopped in the middle. :cry:

ShawnD said:
Maybe this one is slightly more appropriate.
I thought that my Mosckowitz collection was weird, but...

Moonbear said:
and then one day I went to put on a pair and discovered the holes stopped in the middle.
So just sharpen them all... :confused:

Awesome stuff gale. :rolleyes:

They look really great! Good choice, they fit you well.

Moonbear said:
Though, a monacle sounds fun to me. I've never seen anyone wearing one of those except the cartoon guy on the Monopoly box. :biggrin:

How about English the Butler on Kid Notorious?

Gawd, I love that show. All 10 episodes of it, that is. :rofl:

Gale17 said:
Hey hey all! i got some pics of my new glasses which just came in. Let me know what you think...

Holy ****,girl!I wish i was young and over the ocean... :rolleyes:

What about those nasty earrings and that nose piercing? :yuck:

Daniel.

EDIT:Sorry,Tom. :redface:

Last edited:
dextercioby said:
Holy ****,girl!I wish i was young and over the ocean... :rolleyes:

What about those nasty earrings and that nose piercing? :yuck:

Daniel.

those earings are cool people! sides, i can only wear dangly earings... my ears closed up on me loads of times when i was a kid, so i ended up repeircing them myself... and i didn't do a fantastic job... so now i can't wear studs and stuff, only dangly earings look ok.

And ya... i have a nose ring... its really small though, and hardly noticable or offensive. But i like it, and that's what matters.

...glad you're excited about the glasses... maybe you should take a trip to the states... i always need help with my physics homework.

I also recently got a pair of glasses. I was thinking about posting a pick, just to show you how bad it can get. But this is your thread and I don't want to scare anyone off.

Gale17 said:
And ya... i have a nose ring... its really small though, and hardly noticable or offensive.
http://www.city-journal.org/html/8_4_oh_to_be.html

--
The signs—both large and small—of the reversal in the flow of aspiration are everywhere. Recently, a member of the royal family, a granddaughter of the queen, had a metal stud inserted into her tongue and proudly displayed it to the press. Such body piercing began as a strictly underclass fashion, though it has spread widely to the popular culture industry—into a branch of which, of course, the monarchy is fast being transformed.

Middle-class girls now consider it chic to sport a tattoo—another underclass fashion, as a visit to any British prison will swiftly establish. The idea that a girl should have herself tattooed would have horrified the middle classes as recently as ten years ago. But young middle-class women now proudly wear tattoos as badges of antinomian defiance, of intellectual independence, and of identification with the supposedly downtrodden—if not of the entire world, then at least of our inner cities.
--

You need to cut lines in your sideburns so the arms have a place to rest.

LeBrad said:
You need to cut lines in your sideburns so the arms have a place to rest.

oh right... why didn't i think of that :uhh: i don't think that'll happen though... for some reason i can't ever seen to grow very much facial hair. i had a skimpy mustache once, but it wasn't quite as attractive as i could've hoped... :tongue2: I guess you're going to be the only one with cleverly shaven sideburns. You should take a picture. That sounds hot.

Integral said:
I also recently got a pair of glasses.
Going strictly by your avatar, I always thought that you already wore glasses. (And I still say that you have beady eyes.) Never figured out why you're on roller-skates, though.

Gale17 said:
And ya... i have a nose ring... its really small though, and hardly noticable or offensive. But i like it,
Call me old-fashioned, but I really like piercings, tattoos, etc. on women.:tongue2: (Any others that I–in a strictly professional capacity–should know about?:wink: )

hitssquad said:
http://www.city-journal.org/html/8_4_oh_to_be.html

--
The signs—both large and small—of the reversal in the flow of aspiration are everywhere.
What the bloody hell is that all about? How'd you manage to fit an encyclopedia in here? :confused:

Gale17 said:
i don't think that'll happen though... for some reason i can't ever seen to grow very much facial hair. i had a skimpy mustache once, but it wasn't quite as attractive as i could've hoped...
Don't worry; you're young yet. It'll come in soon enough. (Sooner, if you're Italian.) :wink:

Danger said:
Don't worry; you're young yet. It'll come in soon enough. (Sooner, if you're Italian.) :wink:
I hope that doesn't happen. The last thing we need now is a bearded Gale running around scaring all the children. :tongue:

ShawnD said:
Gale running around scaring all the children. :tongue:
I'm pretty sure Artman has that covered already.

Gale17 said:
for some reason i can't ever seen to grow very much facial hair. i had a skimpy mustache once,

You probably weren't watering it enough. When I grew my beard, I found that watering it twice a day really helped it grow in full and thick.

Hey,are u giving advice about beards to a girl?? : :yuck:

Daniel.

LeBrad said:
You probably weren't watering it enough. When I grew my beard, I found that watering it twice a day really helped it grow in full and thick.

Heh, i'll keep that in mind eh? my facial hair will probably never be as pretty as yours though. But then, you are such a handsome fellow, how could i compete?!?