Is Winter Making a Comeback in May?

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the heavy rains coming in from the East, with a forecast of 2-3" of rain. The speaker mentions being relieved that the sideways rain is not aimed at their garage or woodshed. They also express concern for their metal roof and potential damage from hail or sleet. The conversation then shifts to the speaker's plum trees budding and their desire for bees, but someone points out that they do not have bees. The conversation ends with a comment about the strange weather, with snow even occurring in May.
turbo
Gold Member
Heavy rains coming in from the East at 45 degrees or less. At least the rain-barrels will get loaded. The forecast called for 2-3" of rain. It looks like more to me. At least the sideways rain is not aimed at my detached garage or the front of my detached woodshed. The metal roof on this little log house is roaring.

Physics news on Phys.org
or sleet.

or gloom of night!

jedishrfu said:
not to mention Green Lanterns light.
I told you not to mention that!

turbo said:
I told you not to mention that!
What? Were you stayed from your pointy rounds?

Jimmy Snyder said:
What? Were you stayed from your pointy rounds?
My pointy rounds are just fine, thank you.

Damn! My little plum trees have budded out practically overnight, and we're in for a series of rain storms this week. I want my bees!

I haz no beez! :cry:

We just had some snow for few minutes. The weather is acting strange we never had full winter this year and now it seems like winter is making its way into May :rofl:

What is meant by "I'm glad this is not snow"?

"I'm glad this is not snow" is a phrase often used to express relief or gratitude that something is not as bad or difficult as it could have been. It implies that snow is undesirable or troublesome in some way.

Why do people say "I'm glad this is not snow"?

People often say "I'm glad this is not snow" because snow can be associated with negative things such as cold weather, difficult driving conditions, or shoveling. By saying this phrase, they are expressing appreciation that the current situation is not as bad as it could have been.

Is there a deeper meaning behind "I'm glad this is not snow"?

While the phrase itself may not have a deeper meaning, it can be used as a metaphor for being grateful for things in life that are not as challenging or problematic as they could be. It can also be a reminder to appreciate the present moment and not take things for granted.

Are there any cultural or regional differences in the use of "I'm glad this is not snow"?

The phrase is commonly used in regions that experience heavy snowfall, as it is a relatable and humorous way to express gratitude for a lack of snow. However, it may not be as commonly used in areas with milder winters or no snow at all.

In what situations would someone say "I'm glad this is not snow"?

"I'm glad this is not snow" can be used in a variety of situations, such as when the weather forecast predicts snow but it doesn't end up snowing, or when a potential problem or difficulty turns out to be less severe than expected. It can also be used in a lighthearted or sarcastic manner when comparing something undesirable to snow.