Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm going to be a father!

1. Jul 8, 2016 #1

Dembadon

Gold Member

I've been out of the loop for a bit: finishing senior year, starting a full-time job, dealing with family stuff, etc.

Every once in a while I'll pop in for a few minutes and check-in on what's going on in this awesome community, but I haven't been able to spend much time. I miss you guys and hope to stop by more frequently now that I've graduated.

That said, things don't seem to be slowing down for us. We decided to start trying to have a baby at the beginning of my final semester and it didn't take long. My wife is now 7 months pregnant (due Sept. 10th), and it's a boy. It's our first child and we both wanted a boy! So far everything is progressing normally and all is good. Maybe I'll upload some pics of the little guy when he gets here. =)

Hope all of you are doing well and look forward to getting caught-up with everyone.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Congrats!

4. Jul 8, 2016 #3

Evo

Congratulations! And please, do post pictures of the little one!! :smile:

5. Jul 8, 2016 #4

Ibix

Science Advisor

Congratulations. They are hard work, but a lot of fun.

6. Jul 8, 2016 #5
    Congrats to both you and your wife!!!!

7. Jul 8, 2016 #6

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I hope you're someplace they let the dads attend the birth.
    The little creature captures your heart immediately when it grasps your finger with its tiny ones

Baby Holding is great biofeedback - they know whether your frame of mind is tranquil.
    So when it fusses, make sure some workplace problem isn't running in background.

old jim

8. Jul 8, 2016 #7

nsaspook

Science Advisor

Say good-bye to a good nights sleep for a while.
    Congratulations.

9. Jul 8, 2016 #8
    Congratulations! :woot:

10. Jul 8, 2016 #9

Astronuc

Congratulations, D, and to Mrs. D.

I'm guessing he'll graduate with the class of 2034, and then 2038.

11. Jul 9, 2016 #10
    Congratulations.

12. Jul 9, 2016 #11

Dembadon

Gold Member

Thanks, everyone!
    Will do. So far all we've got is the ultrasound from 20 weeks. It was pretty cool to see him in there moving around and be able to make out features and such. Also got a nice close-up of his genitalia. I'm sure he'll appreciate that when he's older and thumbing through his baby book. :biggrin:
    Yep, I'm definitely going to be there. She and I wouldn't have it any other way. I didn't know there are places that don't allow the fathers to be in the room. :wideeyed:
    Indeed! It seems so far away, but I know how time can fly. My youngest brother (out of 3) grew up before I knew it. He's starting his junior year of high school and it doesn't seem like that long ago I was watching his elementary school soccer games.

13. Jul 9, 2016 #12

Borg

Gold Member

Congratulations Dembadon. Best wishes for your upcoming fatherhood!

14. Jul 9, 2016 #13

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

my two greatest joys in life are my two kids, little ones are wonderful. wishing you nothing but the best moving forward.

15. Jul 9, 2016 #14

Evo

Lol, Just last night I was watching a tv show where a daughter gave birth and the mother looked down and said WHOA, it's a BOY! And the doctor said, it's a girl, that's the umbilical cord!

Anyway, always nice to have pictures like that to bring out when he has friends over. :biggrin:

16. Nov 10, 2016 #15

Dembadon

Gold Member

2016-11-01 12.21.28.jpg 2016-10-19 18.53.27.jpg 2016-11-06 10.18.00-1.jpg

So here's our boy!

Name: Alexander
    Birth Weight: 8 lbs. 7 oz.
    Birth Length: 21.5 inches
    Date/Time: 9/12/2016 at 21:28

He's just over 8 weeks now and doing well. Sleep is hard to come by; mom and I take shifts. I'm more of a night owl, so I take shifts up to 2am and then she takes over after that.

He's a handful, but worth every ounce of energy. My whole perspective on life has changed. I love being a father.

17. Nov 10, 2016 #16

Ibix

Science Advisor

Awww... He looks like a cheery little fellow. Congratulations.

And I agree with you - being a father is great.

18. Nov 14, 2016 #17
    Congratulations! Parenthood is a fun but challenging journey. Enjoy every moment..They grow up way too fast.

19. Nov 14, 2016 #18
    Woohoo congrats!

20. Nov 15, 2016 #19

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

Congratulations to you and your family! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted