I'm Incredibly Lonely Right Now

• Thread starter loseyourname
  • Start date
In summary: Homework Help forum. In summary, the person is feeling lonely and disconnected from those around him, despite having friends and activities lined up. They suggest that the feeling may be due to being single and spending holidays alone. Another person suggests finding a new challenge or experience to help cope with the feeling. The conversation then shifts to discussing feeling lonely and bored, with one person jokingly suggesting sending a picture to cheer up the other.
I'm not afraid to jump in way over my head. I think I understand the narcissistic and arrogant comment. I think it has to do with personal perspective. I have never found loseyourname's posts to be overly narcissistic or arrogant. They are almost always open-minded and helpful. He seems to be trying to take a neutral stance in order to maintain objectivity and see reality for what it is without any personal bias. It is a destruction of the ego, the isolation of the self. It can be a very lonely place in a world where people expect others to choose sides and then make judgements about them.

i.e. My point of view is always the best. When I hear something from someone else that is a better point of view than my own I adopt it into my beliefs. Then my point of view is once again superior. (narcissistic and arrogant, yet open-minded and understanding)

Having this philosophy and trying to communicate with others can be frustrating because it seems like one is always doing the bending and the compromising and nobody else seems to have any interest in learning, only in propogating their own beliefs. The purpose of an argument is not to provide a winner and a loser, but to reveal the truth. Sometimes that is difficult when it strays out of the boundaries of the observable universe.

Physics news on Phys.org
Huckleberry said:
My point of view is always the best. When I hear something from someone else that is a better point of view than my own I adopt it into my beliefs. Then my point of view is once again superior. (narcissistic and arrogant, yet open-minded and understanding)
It's like I'm listening to myself talk.
Huckleberry said:
The purpose of an argument is not to provide a winner and a loser, but to reveal the truth."
Are you a child I didn't know I had?

zoobyshoe said:
It's like I'm listening to myself talk.

Are you a child I didn't know I had?
Dad? Is that you? Where have you been all these years? :cry:

Huckleberry said:
Dad? Is that you? Where have you been all these years? :cry:
IT'S A BOY!

(Cigars anyone?)

Toss one over here Dad. What kind is it anyway? Cuban?

(Shhhhhh! They're illegal. Don't ever do this when I'm not around to supervise.)

When I was feeling lonelym that was when I started practicing my trumpet more, music does great things. Things do tend to drag though, I also started doing some pretty stupid things looking back in retrospect, but they were fun at the time.

a...short track racing on dirt,with a vary big motor.
nothing else like it,to perk you up.

b... a beautiful hot girl friend..((sometimes its a tie btw racing
and a hot girl friend ,but that's normal. do not be alarmed))

c...shooting a 22 cal rifle... at a coke or any brand of beer can,for
long periods of time..

d...watching south park,,over and over...

zoobyshoe said:
(Shhhhhh! They're illegal. Don't ever do this when I'm not around to supervise.)

I didn't know there were laws in the Zoobie brush.

Moonbear said:
This statement struck me as odd. I've never heard someone who was truly narcissistic and arrogant come right out and say so.

When I took psych, narcissistic people are characterized as someone who loves talking about themselves and incredibly self-centered. They usually bore the people around them and would never admit they're narcissistic.

Last edited: