1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Im looking for an on-line sciences resource

1. Mar 15, 2005 #1
    after about 20 mins of trying to find basic theorys in fluid dynamics, the best iv come up with is http://www.sciencedirect.com . this looks like a Really well done resource but it looks like a resource sold to universitys as a supliment to library texts. i couldnt find any way to subscribe to this site's resources but i Did find i could buy volumes for $30 each.

im interested in a well run and easy to navigate resource that can be taken full advantage of for less then $120 a year

do you guys mind pointing me in the right direction? im lost :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2005 #2

Mk

You can use MIT's OCW @ http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html and type in "fluid dynamics" in the search field. The courses are free but down count as college credit or anything.

4. Mar 17, 2005 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Science Direct is a good resource for journals, which contain very specific applications in science and technology. Many university libraries enable students 'free' access to journals on SD.

I think you want one or more textbooks. In this case, check with university academic programs, particularly mecanical or aerospace engineering, and get a sample of textbooks. One can also check the publishers like McGraw-Hill, Wiley, etc, then order books through PF.

Also try open courses as MK suggested.

Finally, try this - Fluid Mechanics There is a good list of texts on fluid mechanics, including dynamics. One may also check on "Computational Fluid Dynamics".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?