I'm looking for someone in the US to buy me st.

• Thread starter ManDay
  • Start date
In summary: If you can't find a company that ships there, then you might have to find a shop in the US that does and then have them ship it to you.
ManDay
I'm looking for someone in the US to buy me sth.

From what it looks like right now, I need someone to buy me something (a calculator) at newegg.com (Thanks to rocophysics for pointing this one out) and send it to me in Germany.

Any volunteers?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why do you have to buy it from that website? Why not find a website that ships to Germany?

It is so very cheap. That is why. If you know a shop which comes with about the same prices and ships worldwide/to europe, go ahead and name it.

But - nevermind, I think I just found a german reseller which offers affordable prices. It's about 80USD more expensive than newegg.com, but well - I guess this would be the cheapest I can find.

Well, if you can find someone to help you then fair enough, but I imagine this wouldn't be too legal: afterall that's why the US site probably doesn't ship abroad. If companies like that did, then their European counterparts would go out of business, since we'd just buy at the US shop for half the price!

Haha, it's not like that. Though e-buis becomes more and more popular the vast majority of shops still relies on traditional customers, that is customers which either buy the goods directly in the store or prefer german resellsers at all.

And as for "illegal" or "legal", I've been told about a page just some minutes ago, forwarding any mail from the US to oversea and vice-versa. I thus assume it's legal. C.f.: http://www.myus.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
cristo said:
Well, if you can find someone to help you then fair enough, but I imagine this wouldn't be too legal: afterall that's why the US site probably doesn't ship abroad. If companies like that did, then their European counterparts would go out of business, since we'd just buy at the US shop for half the price!

Not at all, there are a couple of ludicrously cheap sites that ship worldwide for free (like DealExtreme).

1) Anyone agreeing to buy and ship something to some random stranger on the internet in another country on promise of payment would be a fool.

2) Shipping costs and import taxes on the item would probably make up the difference in cost.

Look for a company that will ship directly to Germany, or make arrangements with a friend who knows you, not random online strangers.

1. What exactly are you looking for someone to buy?

I am looking for someone in the US to buy me an item. The specifics of the item may vary, but I am essentially seeking a buyer for a product or service.

2. Why specifically in the US?

The US has a large consumer market and a strong economy, making it an ideal location to find buyers for various products and services.

3. Is there a specific reason you cannot purchase the item yourself?

As a scientist, my expertise lies in conducting research and experiments, not in purchasing products. Therefore, I am seeking someone who is well-versed in the purchasing process to help me acquire the item I need.

4. Are you open to negotiating the price of the item?

Yes, I am open to discussing the price of the item with potential buyers. However, I am more interested in finding someone who is reliable and can help me obtain the item rather than getting the lowest price possible.

5. How can I contact you if I am interested in buying the item for you?

You can contact me through the appropriate channels, which may vary depending on the platform or website where you found my request. Please refer to the contact information provided in my request for more details.