Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm making a pig of myself.

1. Dec 30, 2005 #1
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of an all ham diet. I've got $59 worth of ham here and damned if I'm going to let it go to waste.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Advantage: yum
    Disadvantage: none

4. Dec 30, 2005 #3
    Beware, lots and lots of salt and preservatives. Make a ham platter and give it as a gift for New Years, to me.

5. Dec 30, 2005 #4
    I think it may be a disadvantage for the pig though.

6. Dec 30, 2005 #5
    she doesn't think so and don't call my girlfriend a pig. oh you mean the ham, nevermind

7. Dec 30, 2005 #6
    OMG Trib. LOL

8. Dec 30, 2005 #7
    It's not easy having a pig, I mean, a gravity challenged individual, for a a girlfriend and I have to be on gaurd all the time.
    I'm just kidding, my new girlfriend is tiny. Want to hear a funny story? My ex is a psycho. Totally nuts maybe even homicidal. Last night my girlfriend and I are sound asleep, completely naked. All of a sudden there is a loud commotion at the front door. I don't know what it is about being woken from a dead sleep, but we both figured it had to be my ex. We jumped out of bed she tried putting on my pants, I got my shirt on backwards. I'm supposed to be the macho protector, but I was peeking through curtains trying to be as invisible as possible. Turned out to be a stupid dog ripping open a garbage bag.

9. Dec 30, 2005 #8
    So you're saying it WAS your ex?

10. Dec 30, 2005 #9
    While I admit there is a resemblance between my ex and a mangy trash eating *****, I must say, in all fairness, my ex has fewer legs. so no it was not my ex at least not the ex I'm talking about.

11. Dec 30, 2005 #10
    advantages:
    none

disadvantages:
    Gets really boring really quick
    very bad for you.

12. Dec 30, 2005 #11
    very bad for me or VERY bad for me?
    I'm not mixing in any side dishes or anything, but I am washing it down with lots of Coke. Which has 0 grams of fat, btw.

13. Dec 31, 2005 #12
    how much is $59 dollars of ham?

when we have ham on new years, i like to cube the ham and make a cheese fondu. that's always good.

14. Dec 31, 2005 #13
    fifty nine dollars

15. Dec 31, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, what does that last you? Two or three days? I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of ham all year, but for a week, other than the salt probably making you very thirsty, as long as you're starting out in reasonably good health (no high cholesterol or high blood pressure), it's certainly no worse than that Mexican food you usually live on.

16. Dec 31, 2005 #15
    helpful :rolleyes:

is it a whole ham? or is it like deli ham? honey glazed, smoked, cured, spiced..? that'd make a big difference in cost. if its whole, was it one of those spiral cut ones, or just a regular ham? if its a regular ham, that'd be huge... or grossly overpriced.

like moonbear said though, if you were on an all ham diet it wouldn't last too long anyway eh. I feel bad for your girl though. even just two days of ham only will probably make you smell like it.

17. Dec 31, 2005 #16
    I doubt he got 59$ worth of deli-ham. It's probably a whole ham.

(i also doubt a few other things about this thread)

18. Dec 31, 2005 #17
    I think it's only a half ham
    there are no snouts and it's thick on one end and thin on the other

19. Dec 31, 2005 #18
    hams generally don't have snouts.... ham is usually the rump of a pig, if there's a snout there... hmm....

20. Dec 31, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's his honey-baked ham. Sheesh, don't you folks follow the threads around here? :biggrin:

21. Dec 31, 2005 #20
    oh, his honey-baked ham... yeah, now the snout thing makes perfect sense....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?