Is an All-Ham Diet Healthy? Pros and Cons of a Pork-Heavy Diet

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, an all ham diet can be a good or bad idea depending on your circumstances. It is a good idea for people who are on a diet, and it is a bad idea for people who are not on a diet. It can be a good idea for people who are looking for a new taste, and it can be a bad idea for people who are not looking for a new taste. It can be a good idea for people who are trying to cut down on their calories, and it can be a bad idea for people who are not trying to cut down on their calories. It can be a good idea for people who are trying to stay healthy, and it can be a bad idea for people who are not trying
tribdog
What are the advantages and disadvantages of an all ham diet. I've got $59 worth of ham here and damned if I'm going to let it go to waste.

Physics news on Phys.org
Advantage: yum
Disadvantage: none

Beware, lots and lots of salt and preservatives. Make a ham platter and give it as a gift for New Years, to me.

I think it may be a disadvantage for the pig though.

she doesn't think so and don't call my girlfriend a pig. oh you mean the ham, nevermind

OMG Trib. LOL

It's not easy having a pig, I mean, a gravity challenged individual, for a a girlfriend and I have to be on gaurd all the time.
I'm just kidding, my new girlfriend is tiny. Want to hear a funny story? My ex is a psycho. Totally nuts maybe even homicidal. Last night my girlfriend and I are sound asleep, completely naked. All of a sudden there is a loud commotion at the front door. I don't know what it is about being woken from a dead sleep, but we both figured it had to be my ex. We jumped out of bed she tried putting on my pants, I got my shirt on backwards. I'm supposed to be the macho protector, but I was peeking through curtains trying to be as invisible as possible. Turned out to be a stupid dog ripping open a garbage bag.

So you're saying it WAS your ex?

While I admit there is a resemblance between my ex and a mangy trash eating *****, I must say, in all fairness, my ex has fewer legs. so no it was not my ex at least not the ex I'm talking about.

advantages:
none

disadvantages:
Gets really boring really quick
very bad for you.

very bad for me or VERY bad for me?
I'm not mixing in any side dishes or anything, but I am washing it down with lots of Coke. Which has 0 grams of fat, btw.

how much is $59 dollars of ham?

when we have ham on new years, i like to cube the ham and make a cheese fondu. that's always good.

Gale said:
how much is $59 dollars of ham?
fifty nine dollars

So, what does that last you? Two or three days? I wouldn't recommend a steady diet of ham all year, but for a week, other than the salt probably making you very thirsty, as long as you're starting out in reasonably good health (no high cholesterol or high blood pressure), it's certainly no worse than that Mexican food you usually live on.

tribdog said:
fifty nine dollars

helpful :rolleyes:

is it a whole ham? or is it like deli ham? honey glazed, smoked, cured, spiced..? that'd make a big difference in cost. if its whole, was it one of those spiral cut ones, or just a regular ham? if its a regular ham, that'd be huge... or grossly overpriced.

like moonbear said though, if you were on an all ham diet it wouldn't last too long anyway eh. I feel bad for your girl though. even just two days of ham only will probably make you smell like it.

I doubt he got 59$ worth of deli-ham. It's probably a whole ham.

(i also doubt a few other things about this thread)

I think it's only a half ham
there are no snouts and it's thick on one end and thin on the other

hams generally don't have snouts... ham is usually the rump of a pig, if there's a snout there... hmm...

It's his honey-baked ham. Sheesh, don't you folks follow the threads around here? :biggrin:

oh, his honey-baked ham... yeah, now the snout thing makes perfect sense...

wouldn't you think a whole ham is an entire pig? I would have.

actually if a whole ham is the rump of a pig I just hope it doesn't have a ham hole.

I thought the ham of a pig would just be like his hamstring or something.

tribdog said:
wouldn't you think a whole ham is an entire pig? I would have.
Nope, that would be a roast pig. Ham is just the thigh (the bone running through the center is part of the femur).

1. What does "making a pig of myself" mean?

"Making a pig of myself" is an idiom that means to overindulge or consume too much of something, often referring to food or drink.

2. Where did the phrase "making a pig of myself" come from?

The phrase is believed to have originated from the behavior of pigs, who are known for their tendency to eat large amounts of food quickly and messily.

3. Is "making a pig of myself" considered a rude or offensive phrase?

No, the phrase is generally considered to be a lighthearted and humorous way of describing overeating or indulging.

4. Are there any cultural or regional variations of the phrase?

Yes, some regions or cultures may have slightly different variations of the phrase, such as "pigging out" or "eating like a pig."

5. Can "making a pig of myself" be used in a non-food related context?

Yes, while the phrase is commonly used in reference to food, it can also be used in other situations where one is overindulging or behaving excessively.