I'm moving out AGAIN!

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I got my own place! I will post pictures of it at the end of the month. It's downtown, and it's cheap. Love it!

I've never had my own place. No more doing dishes for other people, or listening to bass pumping at midnight.

Plus, I can bring my scooter indoors. That was the biggest challenge.

It's all mine! :surprised

Answers and Replies

wolram
Gold Member
Congratulations Jason, it is great to have your own place.

Good, now go away!

Good, now go away!
Cyrus, you're so charming in your own way and you don't even know it :)

Cyrus, you're so charming in your own way and you don't even know it :)
I love you.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
That is awesome.

My 27 year-old basement-dwelling troglodyte son will be showing up on your doostep shortly.

turbo
Gold Member
That is awesome.

My 27 year-old basement-dwelling troglodyte son will be showing up on your doostep shortly.
Jason, do you have cable? If not you may yet escape.

Evo
Mentor
Yay Jason, that rocks!

I'm getting my own place next year after two years of living with roommates. It'll feel so empty, but I'm pretty excited.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
That is awesome.

You know, I was only half-serious, but I just remembered, you live here in T.O. don't you?

Evo
Mentor
I'm getting my own place next year after two years of living with roommates. It'll feel so empty, but I'm pretty excited.
Oooh, moose is going solo!!

It only took me a few months with roommates to decide that living on my own was cheaper (they rarely paid utilities) and more enjoyable in the long run. I paid out my rent obligation and got my own place asap, and never had a roommate since.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
Oooh, moose is going solo!!

It only took me a few months with roommates to decide that living on my own was cheaper (they rarely paid utilities) and more enjoyable in the long run. I paid out my rent obligation and got my own place asap, and never had a roommate since.
Except mini-Evo.

I love you.
Hey now...I see where this is going...NO cheating on me please, or just don't let me know about it! :wink:

Ok, I hate you both. Jason, I love you.

OK, much better....Oh, congrats Jason! You got a new place and a new man!

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A big congrats, Jason! You're going to love it.

I remember the first apartment I had alone. Even remember the first meal I cooked there: a veggie (broccoli I think), rice, and fish. And I remember it was delicious, and I ate it alone...it was great!

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Jason, do you have cable? If not you may yet escape.
No cable. No internet. I will probably get basic internet and that's it. I never watch TV so not too concerned about no cable.

Thanks guys for sharing the excitement. I'm so pumped.

Also, my buddy who moved downtown last month will live like 3 doors down from me. We both have our own little bachelor pad. :P

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
You know, I was only half-serious, but I just remembered, you live here in T.O. don't you?
Hey Dave,

I live close to Toronto, but not quite Toronto. (If curious, PM me.)

Another cool part is that I live across the street from the park downtown, which is golden. Close to the bus terminal and everything.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Ok, I hate you both. Jason, I love you.
Love you too Cyrus. :!!)

What ever happened to our love triangle of you(Jason), me, and Cy???

I'm finally fed up completely with my roomie and will likely be getting my own place in a few months. Unfortunately I'll have to find someones place to crash at until I can save up the money to get the new place. Most of my money has been going to pay my roommates rent and bills for him.

Not having to worry about that will be absolutely wonderful after all this stress.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm finally fed up completely with my roomie and will likely be getting my own place in a few months. Unfortunately I'll have to find someones place to crash at until I can save up the money to get the new place. Most of my money has been going to pay my roommates rent and bills for him.

Not having to worry about that will be absolutely wonderful after all this stress.
I know!

That's not the best part... you get the whole fridge to yourself!

I know!

That's not the best part... you get the whole fridge to yourself!
Lol... I already did any way! He would just eat all my food. ;-p

So are you looking at a studio or one bedroom? I'll probably have to do a studio myself. Rent around here is pretty steep.

berkeman
Mentor
Another cool part is that I live across the street from the park downtown, which is golden. Close to the bus terminal and everything.
Very cool. The park is probably a great place for runs -- a natural stress reliever and good for your health. Sounds like a great step, Jason. Congrats.

Way to go Jason, its going to be great.