What's next: Moving Out and Moving On

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary, the person is planning to move out of their current home and into a new place on September 1st. They will pretend to still be living at home until September 5th in order to collect child support. They will then have a meeting with their parents on September 6th to discuss whether or not their parents will support them financially. The person has decided not to sue their parents and will rely on their support if they choose to provide it. They will be moving across the country in May 2008 and have their tuition paid for. The person has a plan for living expenses and is excited about their new place. They are also learning Chinese and have a scholarship offer in Calgary. They are looking forward
Oh well.

I'm going to go to the bank and get a bigger line of credit so that if I do pay tuition, I still have room left to start my life afterwards.

To those who think I'm fortunate to even have a family, you have to realize that you can't be fortunate by default. It was pretty good before the divorce, but after that everything just went down the hole. My friends think I'm better off with nothing because of the potential stalking and harrassment I can get when I move out. It's like complete fear even when I move out. It won't go away until I'm gone for good kind of thing.

Oh well, I have like 32 or more so days left.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's coming! I have 20 days left!

So, things are starting to leak out. I told my mom I'm moving out. She flipped out obviously. She thinks I'm joking, but I'll show her the lease agreement soon as proof. The child support will need to stop.

My dad is thrilled actually. They already had a bunch of stuff for me, like towels, pans, plates, forks, etc... Like good quality brand name, I was just like wow. That helped me out so much and I was so thankful for that. I was just like wow.

So, the child support thing must now end since I'm moving out. I ended up seeing the numbers and I was just like ****. The numbers are just ****ing mind boggling. It's so crazy high that I can't even say it.

Anyways, I'm out soon. I don't have to worry about the numbers though since I'm out soon. I went through the hard part of telling them. Everything is ready. I got a bigger line of credit for safety. My prediction is at most $11000 (it's actually more like $10000) debt with a thousand in the bank when I'm done school which is nothing. If my parents help, I will finish with like no debt and a thousand in the bank. Either way I'm happy now. I can handle $11000. :smile:

I'll keep you guys posted until the big day arrives.

Last edited:
Good Luck man!

Looks like everything is working out for you. I'm moving out this Thursday! To a dorm though. I'm excited to start college.

moose said:
Looks like everything is working out for you. I'm moving out this Thursday! To a dorm though. I'm excited to start college.

Man, that's awesome.

Starting 1st year was awesome, 2nd year was ok, 3rd year was ok, and now 4th year is becoming the best! To be done school is huge!

So, uh, you going to be the ladies man in the dorm? :biggrin:

JasonRox said:
Man, that's awesome.

Starting 1st year was awesome, 2nd year was ok, 3rd year was ok, and now 4th year is becoming the best! To be done school is huge!

So, uh, you going to be the ladies man in the dorm? :biggrin:

What made the 2nd and 3rd years just OK as compared to the 1st and 4th?
Of course I will! :biggrin: Have you seen my avatar?