Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm never going to sleep again

1. Dec 31, 2004 #1
    Want to hear something that will give you nightmares? this is a recording of a little child saying "Daddy, Daddy" then they play it backwards and it says "Please Daddy, Help!"
    nightmare

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2004 #2
    Do I really want to listen to this? All right, I'll download it, but I'm not going to listen to it now because I just know it's going to creep me out. Besides, I already got Frank Sinatra playing.

4. Dec 31, 2004 #3
    I have listened to it. What is so scarry about it? He could be playing.

5. Dec 31, 2004 #4
    Polly, you're dead inside. This is the creepiest thing I have ever heard. I'm never going to sleep again.

6. Dec 31, 2004 #5
    I went over it again. If you listen carefully there is a bit of sound effect towards the end, that's what makes it (supposedly) creepy. But no I am not scared at all, though usually I am very squirmish.

7. Dec 31, 2004 #6
    It wasn't scary :/.

8. Dec 31, 2004 #7

cronxeh

Gold Member

hmm.. i did my own reversal of the sample and yea.. theres 'help' on it alright

initial thought - the 'help' was embedded in there - but that would require sophisticated linear software and some braining.. so thats probably a no

any thought on this from people in the know?

9. Dec 31, 2004 #8
    Yea its creepy.

10. Dec 31, 2004 #9
    What about the satanic message in one of Led Zepellin's songs?

11. Dec 31, 2004 #10

cronxeh

Gold Member

did my own reversal - the word 'satan' is there again. no joke

12. Dec 31, 2004 #11
    didn't really hear it... listened to it many times

u guys have good imaginations
    wonder what u would do in a cemetary alone with fog next to the old grave under the oak tree?

13. Dec 31, 2004 #12

cronxeh

Gold Member

did you take the sample and reverse it? as in play it backwards??

14. Dec 31, 2004 #13
    cry, maybe wet myself.

15. Dec 31, 2004 #14

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bah, tribdog has nothing to fear from the undead... he just needs to put his natural ability to start fires to good use!

16. Dec 31, 2004 #15
    I wouldnt be there, whats the point when the zombies could get you at any time? Or the werewolfs they can get really nasty especially the American werewolfs, we had one of them in london a few years back. Very Nasty.

17. Jan 4, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Am I going to have to be the one to chase the monsters out from under the bed too? Forward it says "Daddy Daddy" and backward it says "ee-Daddy dad." I don't hear "help me" anywhere. *sigh* I guess I won't poke tribdog and tell him to get up to check out strange noises at night, or else I'll have to fish him back out from under the bed after I finish checking it out myself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?