Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm new to the forum.

1. May 27, 2004 #1
    Hello all. I've always frequented motorcycle forums, but thought I'd try another forum that is somewhat more practical, hence I found this place. Hope the topics are as stimulating as they appear.

2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2004 #2
    only if you like to read
    welcome

4. May 27, 2004 #3
    Greetings beansbaxter !
    But tell me; what do you see here at PF as being more practical than a motorcycle ?

5. May 27, 2004 #4
    hmmm I dont know...

I frequent about six other motorcycle forums, am a moderator on one of them, and a few of us always throw out some physics threads, make for great discussions, but its the same people.

So I did a Yahoo! search, found this forum, thought I'd give it a shot, see how the community of people are and of course learn, cause so much knowledge I have learned out of Internet boards.

But being more practical than a motorcycle...haha lemme get back to you on that one.

6. May 27, 2004 #5
    And why isnt my post counting going up? Just curious...

7. May 27, 2004 #6
    Hello, how are you?
    It has been decided that posts made in General Discussion do not count. Not very fair, since I think I give mind boggling, life-changing advice here all the time !! :cry:
    Anyway, welcome!! :biggrin:

8. May 27, 2004 #7
    Welcomez you.

9. May 28, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

Maybe you could bring some motorcycle discussion into the forum, i know Ivan Seeking is a motorbike enthusiast, and I suppose I like the sound of anything with two wheels, an engine and no stabilisers. :biggrin:

oh yeah, welcome aboard.

10. May 28, 2004 #9
    Interesting, a motorcycle enthusiast.
    I think SCIENCE can be associated with that? lol.
    Anyways, Welcome to PF.

11. May 28, 2004 #10
    Lemme introduce myself cuz I'm brand new as well :wink: . Aged 16, live in Poland (no better after entering the UE :grumpy: ), brown-black hair, blue eyes, interested in Physics [learning quantum physics] and Maths [analysis, algebra], with a bit strange sense of humour, have been playing piano for 10 years. Sorry for this chaotic description of myself. Anyway, nice to meet ya all, people :biggrin:

12. May 28, 2004 #11

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Welcome aboard! Ha! Get it? Yeah, it's really not funny. What a strange mood I'm in this morning. :rofl: Oh, wait- it's 5:00 pm! Wow, a strange mood indeed. Anyway, enough about how stupid I am... let's talk about you. Oh, someone help me.
    Okay, I'm better.

Can I ask a stupid question? :rolleyes:

What all do you discuss on a motorcycle forum? For example, do you talk about clothing, motorcycle gang/club history, motorcycle regulations, gas prices, etc.? Just curious.

Happy thoughts
    Rachel

13. May 28, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

Does anyone on these motorcycle forums admit to riding side-saddle??

14. May 29, 2004 #13
    welcome here.. i am new as well...

15. Jun 1, 2004 #14
    Welcomez you too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?