Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm not dead and I'm not for sale

1. Feb 6, 2005 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

Hey all,

Long time no... write... sorry it has been a while, havent got the internet in my new place, so I finally found the time to come home and use the internet. I had 55 new emails. 28 of them were junk.

What have I been up to I dont here you say. Well I'm going to tell you anyway. As some of you may know, I moved out just before Christmas. Had a cracking new years party at my new place, in a couple of meanings... Someone stood on my laptop and cracked the screen in about 80 million different places. And my mobile phone stopped working. A few days later my car was stolen. Then I left 50 quid in a cashpoint. That was the worst week of 2005. Things are picking up now, myself and my flatmate Adam have had these two girls living in our flat with us for 3 weeks now. It rocks. The one I'm seeing is 23 next month... lol.

What else? I've missed you guys lots. I have been really looking forward to coming home so I could write to you and assure you that I am still alive and kicking.

Not much else has really changed. Still working in the betting industry, but now have the chance to apply to be a shop manager instead of being a deputy manager, so wish me luck!

I have probably missed a hell of a load out but if I remember then I'll keep this thread updated as long as it doesnt get sent to the nether-pages.

Oh yeah... miss me?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Jimmy P!!! You're back!!! Your tribdog has been missing you. :biggrin: So have the rest of us. We've been wondering what's happened, and you have a lot of explaining to do to your aunties who have been worried sick about you! :frown: :grumpy:

Good to hear from you...not so good to hear of your string of bad luck. Don't you know getting internet access is the TOP priority when you move into a new place????

Don't go disappearing for so long again!

4. Feb 6, 2005 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Welcome back. Bummer about the laptop and car. You need a car-theft deterrent like a steering wheel lock.

5. Feb 6, 2005 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

Hey moonbear you are doing the crazy colours too!! I will try be back on next sunday. The main problem with the internet is this. I have stolen a phone from work to set up a landline. We have a computer but my housemate (who is swamped by anything more advanced than an abacus) has proceeded to screw the computer up in less than a week. So I have to go home to be a geek. Will keep in touch though.

6. Feb 6, 2005 #5
    Not anymore.

jp, Did you bring your laundry with you when you came home?
    Let's see, cracked laptop, stolen car, lost 50. Now living with girls? Are you sure they are girls and always have been? Do you use a condom? (you might want to consider wearing two)

7. Feb 6, 2005 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

I didnt bring my laundry home because we have a perfectly good washing machine and tumbledrier. They are definitely girls. and quite nice at that. The car isnt lost by the way. It is in a garage getting fixed so I am half-way there to getting it back.

Nice to see you trib!

8. Feb 6, 2005 #7
    Is there any truth to the rumor that you left because you didn't win the pink ribbon?

9. Feb 6, 2005 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

What, for gayest member? It suits you so much. :devil: :biggrin:

10. Feb 6, 2005 #9
    I know. Doesn't it just bring out my eyes?

Is there any truth to the rumor that you came back to tell me happy birthday?

11. Feb 6, 2005 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Well.. now that you mention it no, there is no truth. But I cant not say it. Happy Birthday. Have a bone... but not on me, you'll make a mess.

12. Feb 6, 2005 #11
    wanna give me a bone jp? wanna give me your bone? You want the pink ribbon.

13. Feb 6, 2005 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

I think the bone should be a mutual one. Half and half. You could tie the pink ribbon around it.

14. Feb 6, 2005 #13
    I thought you might have taken some time off to come up with some funny jokes or interesting stories, that would have been nice, but it's nice to see the same old jimmyp, I suppose.

15. Feb 6, 2005 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

Well, I wouldnt want to knock you off your pedestal, there is only room for one clown in PF, and it might as well be you. Besides not much has gone on other than having 6000 quid worth of stuff nicked off of you or broken. Everything else seems boring.

I do have one joke though....

What would it take to re-unite the Beatles?

Two bullets.

16. Feb 6, 2005 #15
    Look at the bright side, 6000 quid of stuff being ripped off is bad, but at least it didn't cost any real money.
    here's a joke for you:
    Knock, Knock

17. Feb 6, 2005 #16

jimmy p

Gold Member

Who's there?

Anyways, I may pop back on during the week but if not, I'll be on next Sunday, try get Evo and Tsu on around this time or whatever, it would be nice to hear from them again!! OOH and Ivan.

18. Feb 6, 2005 #17
    control freak. Now this is where you say "control freak who?"

19. Feb 6, 2005 #18
    I'm glad to hear you are helping the homeless. Not many people will take a couple of people off the streets and let them move in with them.

20. Feb 6, 2005 #19
    I wrote a poem for you too

jimmyp, you left us
    why were you gone so long?
    can't you just accept us?
    we didn't mean to treat you wrong.

You didn't even say good bye
    you left and that was that
    perhaps you even told a lie
    about living in a flat.

It made me mad to see you go
    and you are so very far
    That's why it took me all this time
    to finally steal your car.

21. Feb 6, 2005 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Chopnik!!!!!! YOU"RE BACK!!!!! :approve: Wow, 2005 really did get off to a bad start for you. Look at it this way, the rest of the year can only get better.

Girls living in your apartment! :bugeye: Oh, never mind, you're an adult. :blushing:

You had better start coming back on a regular basis, you've really been missed around here!!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?