Could Ancient Mesoamericans Have Been Influenced by Aliens?

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary, deformed skulls of children were found in a 1,000-year-old cemetery in Mexico. The practice of deforming skulls of children as they grew was common in Central America, and these findings suggest the tradition spread farther north than had been thought.
zoobyshoe
I'm not saying it was alie...

121221_SkullPhoto-0840a.files.grid-8x2.jpg

Very much like the skulls in "Indiana Jones vs The Aliens" (or whatever that movie was called):

Human skulls deliberately warped into strange, alien-like shapes have been unearthed in a 1,000-year-old cemetery in Mexico, researchers say.
The practice of deforming skulls of children as they grew was common in Central America, and these findings suggest the tradition spread farther north than had been thought, scientists added.
The cemetery was discovered by residents of the small Mexican village of Onavas in 1999 as they were building an irrigation canal. It is the first pre-Hispanic cemetery found in the northern Mexican state of Sonora.
The site, referred to as El Cementerio, contained the remains of 25 human burials. Thirteen of them had deformed skulls, which were elongate and pointy at the back, and five had mutilated teeth...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5027058...ience-science/?ocid=msnhp&pos=10#.UNUc0u18tSU

Physics news on Phys.org

Ugh, freaky!

Ah, the lost art of interventional phrenology.

That one doesn't very much look like a crystal.

Intentional distortions of the features of children (be it head-binding, foot-binding, etc) has been around for a long time. While the results can be shocking to contemporary people, it is good to reflect on the cultural pressures that made such modifications "favorable" in the eyes of potential mates, and perhaps elevate or depress the childrens' social status.

It was probably a statement of the parents' status and wealth, too. If you bind the feet of a female child, it is unlikely that she would be able to perform any physical labor outside the home. Cooking and cleaning (thought servants might have taken care of that) would be possible, but what about growing and harvesting food, or gathering firewood?

So how do I stretch my children's skulls?

Pythagorean said:
So how do I stretch my children's skulls?
Hang them by their hair? :devil:

The technique was binding the skulls to encourage elongation during early development. I can't imagine that any pointy-skulled woman would attract me, but apparently some cultures prized this type of distortion.

This one in the OP is unusual, as normally the head is elongated, but the eye sockets remain normal, at least in previous finds.

http://shs.westport.k12.ct.us/forensics/11-forensic_anthropology/skeleton_evidence.htm

Attachments

• peruvian_female_(skull_binding_100bc)-www_boneclones_com.jpg
    peruvian_female_(skull_binding_100bc)-www_boneclones_com.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited by a moderator:

Well I'm officially creeped out permanently

Pengwuino said:
Well I'm officially creeped out permanently
Join the club.

The future past! That's the next phase in human evolution funded by your healthcare program is expanding the skull and tweaking the brain for whatever capacity you want. Only then will we fully understand these primitives in cahoots with the insidious alien anal probe mind control x-pear-e-ments!

1. What does the phrase "I'm not saying it was alie" mean?

The phrase "I'm not saying it was alie" is a way of expressing doubt or uncertainty about a statement or event. It suggests that the speaker is not fully convinced of its truth or validity.

2. Is "I'm not saying it was alie" a common phrase?

Yes, "I'm not saying it was alie" is a fairly common phrase that is often used in casual conversation or in media to express skepticism or disbelief.

3. Can "I'm not saying it was alie" be used in a serious or formal context?

While it is more commonly used in informal situations, "I'm not saying it was alie" can also be used in a serious or formal context to convey doubt or uncertainty about a statement or event.

4. What is the origin of the phrase "I'm not saying it was alie"?

The origin of the phrase is unclear, but it has been used in various forms since at least the early 20th century. It may have originated as a way to soften or qualify a statement or to avoid making a definitive judgment.

5. Can "I'm not saying it was alie" be used to imply that something is true?

No, the phrase is typically used to express doubt or uncertainty, so it would not be appropriate to use it to imply that something is true. However, it can be used to suggest that there may be some truth to a statement or event, but the speaker is not fully convinced.