Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm Rich! New Energy Source !

1. Feb 26, 2013 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm Rich! "New Energy Source"!

Tonight I found a very professional looking, 200+ page report lying on my back doorstep. It was a in a folder titled, "New Energy Source", and included the name, phone number, and email address of the person responsible. I have no idea who this person is, why they would know who I am, why they would go to my back door, or why they thought I would be interested, but they did a beautiful job. A quick glance reveals that this a secret new technology that allows simple magnets to produce free energy. Woohoo!!! All I have to do is to call this person, give them my stamp of approval, and share the wealth.

Very strange.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2013 #2
    Re: I'm Rich!!!

It's mine. For a modest initial investment, I'll let you share in the patent right. I'll PM you my Paypal information.

4. Feb 27, 2013 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Must be cousins of the Jimmy's Nigerian Princess.

5. Feb 27, 2013 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Great! :cry: I found out that it was left by a 70 year old lady who wants to know if the life's work of her now dead friend can help save the world.

The last time something like this happened, it was an older gent who blew his entire retirement savings on a half-baked paddle wheel and creek scheme. He had purchased a crane to lift his floating paddle wheel in and out of the creek. That alone cost something like $30,000. He wanted me to tell him how much money he was going to make with a 1890s vintage [for all practical purposes], undershot paddle wheel. I would have been surprised if he got more than a 100-200 watts out of it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. Feb 27, 2013 #5

Wouldn't this be an intrusion of property? Legal sanctions can be made. Did the old lady really put it at the back?

7. Feb 27, 2013 #6

Free energy would violate the law of conservation of energy. This thread is a joke about crackpots.

8. Feb 27, 2013 #7

Haha depends how one interprets the claim. I wasn't referring to the claim but the offer being in his backyard.

9. Feb 27, 2013 #8

Ryan_m_b

Do you really get the impression that Ivan is so bothered by some one at his back door that he wants to take legal action against an old lady who lost a friend?

10. Feb 27, 2013 #9

No, no. Just the measures the old lady took. Besides, it wasn't finding a friend more than being finding someone to continue the legacy. Does seem a little suspicious. And no, I'm not encouraging legal action.

11. Feb 27, 2013 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

Re: I'm Rich! "New Energy Source"!

Don't underestimate ghost's poswer!:biggrin:

12. Feb 27, 2013 #11

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yea. It want's him back on S&D. :devil:

13. Feb 27, 2013 #12

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Like me and several other PFers, Ivan lives in the Pacific Northwest. This kind of thing happens all the time here. The forests are chock-full of elderly people wandering around, leaving strange things on doorsteps.

Just the other day I found a dead mole, minus its hindquarters, at my back door. Silly old people!

14. Feb 27, 2013 #13

Hey! Whose technology is it, again? :mad: It is me who had spent many sleepless hours and endured many failures to invent this free energy source. At first I thought I'd use LHC, but LHC did not give me permission. So I had to use small magnets. :wink: Aha sweet success. Ivan dont listen to any impostors. I'm the only genuine inventor of this marvel. Of course you have to send me some greenies.

15. Feb 27, 2013 #14

For all others. Sell your cars today. My anti-gravity cars are just months away. Its cheap and fueled by whale manure.

16. Feb 27, 2013 #15

russ_watters

More likely, you are unaware that you own (are owned by) a cat!

17. Feb 27, 2013 #16

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's just what the old people want you to think!

18. Feb 27, 2013 #17

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

How is the Nigerian princess doing? I sent her some money to help her regain her throne, but I never heard back.

19. Feb 27, 2013 #18

She sent me my $15,000,000 of the $20,000,000 that her father stole. I spent it on a Rolex that turned out to be fake. When I realized that I had been taken, I sold the watch to her for the other $5,000,000. That $5,000,000 went for a scheme that was supposed to enlarge my manhood, but they must have sent me the wrong stuff because all I got out of it was a sugar high. Good luck getting your money back. The last time I saw her she had enlarged her womanhood to the point that I doubt she has any money left to give away to strangers.

20. Feb 27, 2013 #19

Drakkith

And my grand schemes continue to devastate the world...

21. Feb 27, 2013 #20

I have a secret energy source. It's free gas. Normally I can go pretty much all day without farting, but when I'm put in a situation where I'd have to hold it in, like in a school classroom, my body begins to produce an impossible amount of gas. So put me in a classroom or a job interview or something like that, hook a hose up to my butt, and power the country.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook