I'm scared!

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
Mk

Main Question or Discussion Point

Never, have I ever gotten ANY spam. I just got three phishing emails in the last two days. I hope this isn't the start of a trend. How the hell did my email address get out? I think the emails were sent through a brute force kind of messaging system. I never ever give out my personal email to anyone (or any company) that I wouldn't expect and email from.

:surprised :frown: :grumpy: :cry: :yuck:

Well, I marked all both of them that weren't marked, as phishing attacks. So people won't fall for them. :smile: :redface:

Answers and Replies

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Use spamgourmet or zoemail. Problem solved.

- Warren

Mk
To redirect spam from my account to another? I don't think so! AHHHH I'm pulling out my hair!! I just got another one of those BEEP emails, from ebay, and it was dumb too, the html didn't even render.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you'd actually look into what spamgourmet and zoemail DO, you'd understand that they are effectively the only real zero-spam services in existence.

- Warren

Mk
I did, last month or so, and I remember that it generates an email address for your spam to go to.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No, it doesn't. These service generate disposable email addresses. When your business with some entity is done, you can simply turn off the address, and they can no longer send you anything.

If/when some spammer gets ahold of a disposable address, you just disable it and get on with your life.

- Warren