I'm Shocked By This Letter

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Received the book today, signed with a small comment (probably in reference to the instant kiwi's).
Wow, awesome that you got the book back, but I can't make out her handwriting! What does she say there?

Received the book today, signed with a small comment (probably in reference to the instant kiwi's).
Good job StevieTNZ,

something she can accept are some kind & thoughtful words about her book, "donations in honor of" are another one. lol lottery tickets to a judge.

I've being at a court case where the lawyer makes his case, judge agrees with proposed "charges", crown doesn't make a peep. Case closed, then the defending lawyer proceeded to ask the judge about some weekend dinner party they were to attend. lol, but no bribes so we know it's all kosher! Now this is a "high profile" criminal lawyer handling a low profile case. but still criminal lawyer & judge are friends-ies? perhaps partially why he is so good at lawyering(well networked).

Wow, awesome that you got the book back, but I can't make out her handwriting! What does she say there?
She writes:
Stevie
With gratitude for you being so thoughtful
If she had been able to accept the Instant Kiwi tickets, it would merely not be for the purposes of cashing them in; rather as something to place on the wall as a gift that is from New Zealand. Even if she win, she doesn't need to worry about cashing it in.

Nonetheless, when they were returned with the book, both of them weren't winners. Haha.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads