Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm so lonely

1. Jun 6, 2013 #1
    I'm so lonely, I don't wanna be lonely anymore!:cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2013 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Don't be lonely. Get out and make some friends. You probably have some skills and charms that can get you hooked up with buddies. Can you deal with people from other backgrounds? Are you within striking distance of a university that sponsors clubs and associations of people with similar interests?

4. Jun 6, 2013 #3
    IDK Turbo, I'm an only child, by dad is an arse, didn't come to my little league baseball games, didn't come to my high school or college graduation, just like Austin Powers. Sorry for whining, but this has been coming down for a while now.

5. Jun 6, 2013 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You have us DP.

6. Jun 6, 2013 #5
    Thanks Evo.

7. Jun 6, 2013 #6

reenmachine

Gold Member

Play a team sport.

8. Jun 6, 2013 #7
    thanks, I think my problem is that I'm too arrogant, I play basketball at my local ymca, and I'm mediocre. It pisses me off cause I want to be Patrick Neill

9. Jun 6, 2013 #8
    Hang out in coffee houses. If you frequent a given coffee house long enough all the employees and regulars start to remember you and eventually they'll start chatting longer and longer. It snowballs, and you can make some good friends. There are actually lots of people who go to coffee houses because they're lonely, looking for some kind of social interaction.

10. Jun 6, 2013 #9
    I live in Seattle, Zooby, I've burned out every coffee house within 10 light seconds, I'm hopeless

11. Jun 7, 2013 #10
    What do you mean "burned out"?

12. Jun 7, 2013 #11
    I mean that when I stopped drinking, I haunted the local coffee shops, they all know me and I'm pretty much cliché by now

13. Jun 7, 2013 #12
    I don't see the problem. I've been frequenting the same coffee shops for years and I don't see that it's about surprising anyone. Plus, the employees and regulars change over time.

14. Jun 7, 2013 #13
    I prepared a witty response for you, but somehow it got deleted, sorry

15. Jun 7, 2013 #14
    I don't mean to be rude, but this seems rather pathetic. I think only once in my life one of my parents came to watch me play sport, and I never cared either way. Missing your graduation is more serious, but you can't blame your loneliness on that. And if you've already graduated from college you're not a child any more...or what?

Anyway, everyone likes to whine every now and then, that I have no problem with :)

16. Jun 7, 2013 #15
    Thanks qspeechc, so you see where I'm coming from. I'm giving myself the right to whine cause I quit smoking 2 months ago because Evo said it was a filthy habit. I hope she's proud of me:wink:

17. Jun 7, 2013 #16

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  18. Jun 7, 2013 #17
    I take you like that one MP? That's one of my favs too, I'm a child of the 80's

Edit: Unfortunatley, you chose a banned version. What's up there?

19. Jun 7, 2013 #18

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought about "lonely" stuff, but held back. Now, MathematicalPhysicist has opened the floodgates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PotB76gi2_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjq4wYuwgxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKWh_iOTjnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vVJYnG8cBw

20. Jun 7, 2013 #19
    I'm just going to sit back and admire the thumbnail for The Motels.

21. Jun 8, 2013 #20

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook