Is GOOBF the key to a more peaceful and harmonious society?

• News
  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I mean moon phases.In summary, the forum is back to normal and no one is fighting. Everyone is just posting good, thought-provoking content.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I'm so proud of all of you!

It's been two days and no insults, no mud slinging, just good solid posts that are enjoyable and thought provoking to read. <sniff> I'm so proud, I'm about to burst into tears of joy.

<sticks a GOOBF card into all of the regular's computers>

GOOBF cards only good when validated, may be revoked at any time without prior notice. Subject to restrictions. Void where prohibited.

GOOBF - Get Out Of Banning Free

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
That's not fair - I've had a cold! :tongue2:

But I'm feeling better now :devil:

No mud slinging? Dear god.. this can't be good. :uhh:

Art said:
That's not fair - I've had a cold! :tongue2:
But I'm feeling better now :devil:
I was wondering what was wrong. :biggrin:

<pours hot chicken soup into Art's computer. Watch out, it's really hot. o:) >

Smurf said:
No mud slinging? Dear god.. this can't be good. :uhh:
You guys don't know what I have to go through as mentor of this forum, coming in here every night and shoveling out all that mud was killing my back. :grumpy:

Btw Evo, this thread is off topic. It will have to be moved to GD. :biggrin:

Smurf said:
Btw Evo, this thread is off topic. It will have to be moved to GD. :biggrin:
Oh look, Smurf's GOOBF card has been folded, spindled and mutilated. Tsk, tsk, it's no longer valid. :devil:

I thought I had immunity... I've never gotten a goobf card before because I don't need one.

Smurf said:
I thought I had immunity... I've never gotten a goobf card before because I don't need one.
You lost your immunity when you proclaimed your love for that girl in your class. Hmmmmpff!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. :biggrin:

What girl?

Evo said:
You guys don't know what I have to go through as mentor of this forum, coming in here every night and shoveling out all that mud was killing my back. :grumpy:

Dear Evo, I hate to tell you this but a lot of that mud, er ah really wasn't mud. It was fertilizer.:wink:

edward said:
Dear Evo, I hate to tell you this but a lot of that mud, er ah really wasn't mud. It was fertilizer.:wink:

The relative Peace and Quiet is quite nice.

I hope Pengwuino is alright. :wink: :smile:

Perhaps its due to Thanksgiving coming up, or perhaps people have realized that Santa Claus is keeping lists of who's naughty and who's nice. :biggrin:

* I am sending Evo an air-conditioned hazmat suit so she can deal with all that fertilizer. And perhaps we'll have to send a massaging chair and hot pad for the back. Or, Evo, would you rather a masseur who can do windows? *

Astronuc said:
* I am sending Evo an air-conditioned hazmat suit so she can deal with all that fertilizer. And perhaps we'll have to send a massaging chair and hot pad for the back. Or, Evo, would you rather a masseur who can do windows? *
:!) All of the above please. :!)

Evo, can I borrow that hotpad for my back? I have a nasty bruise from running into an automatic waterer tube while chasing a sheep yesterday (I hate those things...the waterers, not the sheep)...knocked me off balance and I landed on my knees in that fertilizer. :yuck: I just know the sheep did it on purpose. :grumpy:

I think I figured out what's going on though...we just had a full moon recently, and everyone was out barking at that instead of at each other. :tongue: :rofl: :uhh: Or was that just me?

Evo said:
It's been two days and no insults, no mud slinging, just good solid posts that are enjoyable and thought provoking to read.

Sorry, I've been busy the last few days.

Moonbear said:
Evo, can I borrow that hotpad for my back? I have a nasty bruise from running into an automatic waterer tube while chasing a sheep yesterday (I hate those things...the waterers, not the sheep)...knocked me off balance and I landed on my knees in that fertilizer. :yuck: I just know the sheep did it on purpose. :grumpy:

I think I figured out what's going on though...we just had a full moon recently, and everyone was out barking at that instead of at each other. :tongue: :rofl: :uhh: Or was that just me?
Awwww poor Moobie. :frown:

You may have the massaging chair and hotpack. Also the masseuse. I've also added the squishy animal foot vibrators I saw at Walmart. Mmmmmmm. :approve:

Evo said:
Awwww poor Moobie. :frown:
You may have the massaging chair and hotpack. Also the masseuse. I've also added the squishy animal foot vibrators I saw at Walmart. Mmmmmmm. :approve:
Ooh, is the masseuse cute? :tongue2:

I blame it on those damned liberal democra... errr I mean, wait, a normal post... in the politics forum?? O.O

Insult alert:
All straights are just dumb breeding machines out of control. They are unqualified to make proper compatibility considerations, and their reproductive roles&partnerships should be decided by a set of more rational beings.

Evo said:
It's been two days and no insults, no mud slinging, just good solid posts that are enjoyable and thought provoking to read. <sniff> I'm so proud, I'm about to burst into tears of joy.
<sticks a GOOBF card into all of the regular's computers>
GOOBF cards only good when validated, may be revoked at any time without prior notice. Subject to restrictions. Void where prohibited.
GOOBF - Get Out Of Banning Free
That I disappear for a couple of days and return to see a congrats posted that there's been no mud-slinging in my absence does little for my battle against paranoia. :uhh:

arildno said:
Insult alert:
All straights are just dumb breeding machines out of control. They are unqualified to make proper compatibility considerations, and their reproductive roles&partnerships should be decided by a set of more rational beings.
Not to mention their sense of fashion, or lack thereof.

What is GOOBF?

GOOBF stands for "Goodness of Others Before Self" and is a concept that promotes selflessness, kindness, and empathy towards others as a means to creating a more peaceful and harmonious society.

What evidence supports GOOBF as the key to a more peaceful and harmonious society?

There is a growing body of research that suggests that practicing selflessness and kindness towards others can have a positive impact on individual well-being and societal harmony. Studies have shown that acts of kindness can improve relationships, reduce stress, and promote feelings of happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, cultures and communities that prioritize altruism and compassion tend to have lower rates of violence and conflict.

Can GOOBF be taught or learned?

Yes, while some individuals may have a natural inclination towards selflessness and empathy, these traits can also be cultivated and strengthened through practice and education. Many schools and organizations have implemented programs that teach empathy and kindness as a way to promote a more harmonious society.

How does GOOBF differ from other approaches to creating a more peaceful society?

While there are many different approaches to creating a more peaceful and harmonious society, GOOBF focuses specifically on promoting selflessness and putting the needs of others before one's own. This can be seen as a more proactive and intentional approach compared to simply avoiding conflict or promoting tolerance.

Are there any potential drawbacks or criticisms of GOOBF?

Some may argue that prioritizing the needs of others before one's own can lead to neglecting one's own well-being. Additionally, there may be concerns about the practicality of implementing GOOBF on a larger scale and the potential for exploitation by those who do not have good intentions. However, these potential drawbacks can be addressed through responsible implementation and balancing self-care with acts of kindness towards others.

Back