Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm Starting a Company Who's In?

1. Jun 29, 2003 #1
    Okay, in about 5 years, I will be starting a company.

What will this company do?
    We will design RF ciruits and/or solid state spintronic devices (eventually quantum computers).

What kind of people do I need?
    1 Accountant/Patent Attorney/Business Entrepreneur, ~5 RF IC Design Engineers, ~5 RF System Engineers, ~5 Cleanroom Engineers, 2 Computer Weenies (networking nerds), 2 Electrical Technicians, 2 Applied Physicists

Where will this company be located?
    Preferably Madison, Wisconsin... possibly Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Will we rule?
    As long as I'm charge, yes.

Send applications to: e N t R o p Y @ p h y s i c s f o r u m s . c o m

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2003 #2
    Maybe you need a marketing weasel while you're at it :wink:
  4. Jun 29, 2003 #3

i'll be an intern in your commercials
  5. Jun 29, 2003 #4

i'll be the janitor...
  6. Jun 29, 2003 #5
    Re: Re: I'm Starting a Company... Who's In?

Well, I was actually thinking of just leasing a building that came with janitorial service... that way, there's fewer people on the payroll.

Maybe when the company grows we can figure out how to employ you.

What is your specialty anyway?

7. Jun 29, 2003 #6
    Re: Re: I'm Starting a Company... Who's In?

I think I'm going to go with jb's idea and hire interns for the marketing campaign. Their young, they know what's hip... and I can pay them a measly $10 per hour, yet they'll be happy just to have the experience. Each year around Christmas time, I can give them a whopping $1 per hour raise and watch them wet their pants with excitement.

8. Jun 29, 2003 #7

Science Advisor

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. :wink:
  9. Jun 30, 2003 #8
    you will need a creative advertizing consultant, baggsy that job, but can we locate in london i cant commute to the usa each day.
  10. Jun 30, 2003 #9
    Might be cheaper to locate company in china/ india, as there are lots of tech people there willing to work for very low wages - more money for you.

If this idea works, I would not object to having 1% of the profits for this suggestion.
  11. Jun 30, 2003 #10
    greedy you only get a share of profits if contribut directly to the company.
  12. Jun 30, 2003 #11

Science Advisor

Hey ! Who made you boss ?!
  13. Jun 30, 2003 #12
    Is there an opening for Random Button Pusher #3?
  14. Jun 30, 2003 #13
    Net Admin here...I'll join your buisness venture ;) Course, in 5 years I'll (hopefully) be a graduated math major, with sights set on grad school, but hey, who knows.
  15. Jun 30, 2003 #14
    in 5 years i just may be a junior at UW-Madison (soph. in high school now in Milwaukee)
  16. Jun 30, 2003 #15
    I can come be a weenie... of course I'm not a cheap weenie. in fact I'm a very costly (yet valuable) weenie.

And you'll need to relocate to California.. I've been to Wisconsin... no comparison..cheese and bars or beaches and babes;) Come out here and work on your tan

That's of course if I'm not a doctor by then....*shrug* who knows..
  17. Jul 1, 2003 #16

if i were in any of these :
    i would have been a RF IC Design Engineers or RF System Engineers or Electrical Technicians in your company [?] !!!
  18. Jul 1, 2003 #17

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

..Do you need a philosopher/Molecular Biologist??

You know...for those hard questions...

"Is it right, to build Quantum computers? How do the quanta feel about being 'Used' in this way? Are the quanta alive?" and so on...

You know, its these sorts of questions which businesses have to ask themselves to make it into the big time...
  19. Jul 1, 2003 #18
    heh..in 4 years i will have completed my photonics/telecomunications course. You need someone with those sort of qualifications?
  20. Jul 2, 2003 #19
    i'll apply if you need a physical chemist (i am still one in training)

i can drive stick and i am a very, very, terrible dancer.
  21. Jul 2, 2003 #20
    If you'd settle for taking a position as a chemical engineer / wafer processing engineer, we could use you.

If you can get a motorcycle license and learn to play bass, that would be cool too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2003
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?