I'm Starting a Company Who's In?

  • Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
  • #1
eNtRopY
Okay, in about 5 years, I will be starting a company.

What will this company do?
We will design RF ciruits and/or solid state spintronic devices (eventually quantum computers).

What kind of people do I need?
1 Accountant/Patent Attorney/Business Entrepreneur, ~5 RF IC Design Engineers, ~5 RF System Engineers, ~5 Cleanroom Engineers, 2 Computer Weenies (networking nerds), 2 Electrical Technicians, 2 Applied Physicists

Where will this company be located?
Preferably Madison, Wisconsin... possibly Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Will we rule?
As long as I'm charge, yes.

Send applications to: e N t R o p Y @ p h y s i c s f o r u m s . c o m

eNtRopY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Originally posted by eNtRopY

2 Computer Weenies (networking nerds)
Maybe you need a marketing weasel while you're at it :wink:
 
  • #3
jb
i'll be an intern in your commercials
 
  • #4
477
4
Originally posted by eNtRopY
What kind of people do I need?
1 Accountant/Patent Attorney/Business Entrepreneur, ~5 RF IC Design Engineers, ~5 RF System Engineers, ~5 Cleanroom Engineers, 2 Computer Weenies (networking nerds), 2 Electrical Technicians, 2 Applied Physicists

i'll be the janitor...
 
  • #5
eNtRopY


Originally posted by maximus
i'll be the janitor...
Well, I was actually thinking of just leasing a building that came with janitorial service... that way, there's fewer people on the payroll.

Maybe when the company grows we can figure out how to employ you.

What is your specialty anyway?

eNtRopY
 
  • #6
eNtRopY


Originally posted by Dissident Dan
Maybe you need a marketing weasel while you're at it :wink:
I think I'm going to go with jb's idea and hire interns for the marketing campaign. Their young, they know what's hip... and I can pay them a measly $10 per hour, yet they'll be happy just to have the experience. Each year around Christmas time, I can give them a whopping $1 per hour raise and watch them wet their pants with excitement.

eNtRopY
 
  • #7
drag
Science Advisor
1,062
0
Originally posted by eNtRopY
Okay, in about 5 years, I will be starting a company.
No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. :wink:
 
  • #8
DR OF DEATH
you will need a creative advertizing consultant, baggsy that job, but can we locate in london i cant commute to the usa each day.
 
  • #9
166
1
Might be cheaper to locate company in china/ india, as there are lots of tech people there willing to work for very low wages - more money for you.

If this idea works, I would not object to having 1% of the profits for this suggestion.
 
  • #10
DR OF DEATH
greedy you only get a share of profits if contribut directly to the company.
 
  • #11
drag
Science Advisor
1,062
0
Originally posted by drdeath
greedy you only get a share of profits if contribut directly to the company.
Hey ! Who made you boss ?!
 
  • #12
31
0
Is there an opening for Random Button Pusher #3?
 
  • #13
Net Admin here...I'll join your buisness venture ;) Course, in 5 years I'll (hopefully) be a graduated math major, with sights set on grad school, but hey, who knows.
 
  • #14
80
0
in 5 years i just may be a junior at UW-Madison (soph. in high school now in Milwaukee)
 
  • #15
740
3
I can come be a weenie... of course I'm not a cheap weenie. in fact I'm a very costly (yet valuable) weenie.

And you'll need to relocate to California.. I've been to Wisconsin... no comparison..cheese and bars or beaches and babes;) Come out here and work on your tan

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

That's of course if I'm not a doctor by then....*shrug* who knows..
 
  • #16
MSI
14
1
if i were in any of these :
Preferably Madison, Wisconsin... possibly Minneapolis, Minnesota.
i would have been a RF IC Design Engineers or RF System Engineers or Electrical Technicians in your company [?] !!!
 
  • #17
Another God
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
976
3
..Do you need a philosopher/Molecular Biologist??

You know...for those hard questions...

"Is it right, to build Quantum computers? How do the quanta feel about being 'Used' in this way? Are the quanta alive?" and so on...

You know, its these sorts of questions which businesses have to ask themselves to make it into the big time...
 
  • #18
52
0
heh..in 4 years i will have completed my photonics/telecomunications course. You need someone with those sort of qualifications?
 
  • #19
138
1
i'll apply if you need a physical chemist (i am still one in training)

i can drive stick and i am a very, very, terrible dancer.
 
  • #20
eNtRopY
Originally posted by Entropia
i'll apply if you need a physical chemist (i am still one in training)

i can drive stick and i am a very, very, terrible dancer.
If you'd settle for taking a position as a chemical engineer / wafer processing engineer, we could use you.

If you can get a motorcycle license and learn to play bass, that would be cool too.

eNtRopY
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #21
eNtRopY
Originally posted by Cummings
heh..in 4 years i will have completed my photonics/telecomunications course. You need someone with those sort of qualifications?
Well, maybe... it depends on how big the company gets. Of course, photonics/telecommunications dudes usually can do RF systems engineering as well. Are you a hardware or systems dude, BTW?

eNtRopY
 
  • #22
eNtRopY
Originally posted by Another God
..Do you need a philosopher/Molecular Biologist??

You know...for those hard questions...

"Is it right, to build Quantum computers? How do the quanta feel about being 'Used' in this way? Are the quanta alive?" and so on...

You know, its these sorts of questions which businesses have to ask themselves to make it into the big time...
If the company gets really big, then I might need a logician / game theorist / strategic analyst to help me rule the world.

eNtRopY
 
  • #23
eNtRopY
Originally posted by Zantra
I can come be a weenie... of course I'm not a cheap weenie. in fact I'm a very costly (yet valuable) weenie.

And you'll need to relocate to California.. I've been to Wisconsin... no comparison..cheese and bars or beaches and babes;) Come out here and work on your tan

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

That's of course if I'm not a doctor by then....*shrug* who knows..
No way, we are not moving to California. The cost of living is too fvcking high. Besides, I like the idea of having my company in the Midwest... I will make my homeland a little richer... and I can get certain small business tax breaks there that I can't get in CA.

eNtRopY
 
  • #24
52
0
Originally posted by eNtRopY
Well, maybe... it depends on how big the company gets. Of course, photonics/telecommunications dudes usually can do RF systems engineering as well. Are you a hardware or systems dude, BTW?

eNtRopY
i can bend both ways. My goal is to know as much as possible.
by the end of my studies i could fill about half of those positions - altho my speciality would be in photonics/telceomunications.

So meh..one day, if i feel like it, i may be alble to work for you.
 
  • #25
740
3
Originally posted by eNtRopY
No way, we are not moving to California. The cost of living is too fvcking high. Besides, I like the idea of having my company in the Midwest... I will make my homeland a little richer... and I can get certain small business tax breaks there that I can't get in CA.
eNtRopY
Don't get me wrong.. I'm originally a midwest guy myself (michigan) but there's something to be said for no snow... hhehehe
 

Related Threads on I'm Starting a Company Who's In?

  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
8K
Replies
19
Views
8K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
3K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
53
Views
18K
Replies
29
Views
3K
Replies
14
Views
2K
  • Poll
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
581
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
1K
Replies
30
Views
21K
Top