I'm such a hermit Roy Orbison alert

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, Roy Orbison was a legendary singer from the early 1960s. He is best known for his songs "Crying," "Only the Lonely," and "Oh, Pretty Woman."
turbo
Gold Member
I'm such a hermit! Roy Orbison alert!

I never pay attention to TV listings because it's pretty much all crap - BUT right now on PBS there is a special featuring Roy Orbison and friends. Hopefully, the folks in the Central, Mountain, and Pacific zones might benefit from the heads-up. The list of guest performers is stunning.

Physics news on Phys.org

Man! this is a great show!

I've seen it, or one like it, very good.

There were a few times that old friends, instructors, and new talents from local university music programs conspired to pile onto the open-mike blues-jams that I was running at local taverns. It was always such a blast! I know that to produce a show like this Orbison special, there was a lot of preparation, rehearsal, etc, required, but I've got to tell you that the most magical, fun stuff in performances comes up on the spur of the moment, and sometimes when you least expect it.

Roy Orbison, was he not from the steam radio and teddy boy days, i think mom has a record of his with a little dog and a gramophone as a logo, it is a shame she can no longer play it, as the gramophone was riddled with wood worm and chucked out.

wolram said:
Roy Orbison, was he not from the steam radio and teddy boy days, i think mom has a record of his with a little dog and a gramophone as a logo, it is a shame she can no longer play it, as the gramophone was riddled with wood worm and chucked out.
Roy was really big in the early '60s. His management made him wear sunglasses all the time in public because his eyesight was very bad, and the strong corrective lenses that he needed made him look odd.

Related to I'm such a hermit Roy Orbison alert

What does "I'm such a hermit" mean?

"I'm such a hermit" is a phrase that generally means the speaker considers themselves to be a loner or introverted person who prefers to spend time alone rather than socializing with others.

Who is Roy Orbison?

Roy Orbison was an American singer, songwriter, and musician who rose to fame in the 1960s with hits such as "Oh, Pretty Woman" and "Crying". He is often referred to as the "Caruso of Rock" due to his powerful and operatic vocal range.

What does "Roy Orbison alert" mean?

"Roy Orbison alert" is a phrase that is often used as a humorous way to indicate that someone has a similar singing style or vocal range to Roy Orbison. It can also be used to signify that someone is listening to or singing a song by Roy Orbison.

Why are these phrases frequently used together?

These phrases are frequently used together because they both reference Roy Orbison and his musical style. "I'm such a hermit" may be used in relation to Orbison's introverted personality, while "Roy Orbison alert" may be used as a playful way to acknowledge his distinctive singing style.

Is there a deeper meaning to these phrases being used together?

No, there is no deeper meaning to these phrases being used together. They are simply commonly used phrases that reference Roy Orbison and his music in a lighthearted manner.