Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm sure my toes are frostbitten

1. Dec 6, 2005 #1

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am so cold.

Sitting here in my office at 10:20pm because I know damn well if I go home I'll just go to sleep and I need this assignment DONE curse my procrastinating soul

And it's freaking freezing in here. I'm sure my toes are frostbitten. I can barely feel them in my boots. :mad:

AND! AND! OH! AND!

One of the guys in the building was messing around doing something with the fiberglass spewing nasty smelling chemicals all over the place a few hours ago so now everything has that sickly sweet paint smell giving me a headache... and he was downstairs 50 feet away through two closed doors.

curse my procrastinating soul

And to make things worse, my girlfriend is away... completely out of contact so I can't give her crap for missing the snow... on a CRUISE IN THE CARRIBEAN. Boo.

This ends your regularly scheduled plea for sympathy. We now return you to your internet addiction, already in progress.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2005 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:grumpy: :grumpy:

A little lax on the sympathy there people.

Miraculously, the second part worked perfectly with only a single compiling error. So I'm done.

No, don't all run to congratulate me.

:grumpy: :grumpy:

Attached Files:

4. Dec 6, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Girlfriend? When did that happen? No wonder we haven't seen much of you recently! None of us without a life is feeling sorry for anyone with a life. :tongue:

Okay...poor enigma. :frown: I hope your toes aren't too frostbitten. Are you in one of those buildings where they turn the heat nearly off at night, or does the heat not work during the day either?

5. Dec 6, 2005 #4
    hmm winter..cold...yes even my nose is cold! And not one animal will sit on my feet, though they do all summer.
    Oh glad you were able to finnish your task{out pouring of sympathy} I feel your chill.

6. Dec 6, 2005 #5
    What was the assignment? It doesn't look all that exciting - I see why you'd procrastinate.

7. Dec 6, 2005 #6

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Optimization code.

The black line was following, basically, the path of descent of the function (which it didn't know the properties of).

Boring as sin, but necessary. It's highly infuriating when it doesn't work. I almost destroyed my computer trying to do the previous homework.

The building is basically a modified hangar, MB. Freezing all winter. Sweltering all summer.

8. Dec 6, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll have to remember to drop in in Spring or Fall if I ever get around your way again for a visit.

9. Dec 7, 2005 #8
    It's bloody cold here, too :frown: . Unfortunately for me, it's cold in my room, too (regardless of my procrastination level). I woke up at 4 am last night (yesterday now, by my time) with cold feet! Time for the electric blanket, it seems.

10. Dec 7, 2005 #9
    Yeah, it's even chilly at the zoobie brush shelter tonight. I had to get the heater going but my fingers are still cold.

11. Dec 7, 2005 #10

Danger

Gold Member

I'm glad that you clarified that. I was starting to suspect that you were a Spirograph tester.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?