Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm to dang sexy to be single literally

1. Oct 3, 2014 #1
    I've never had a hard time finding a woman until here lately and I'm only 31 one so my next statement sounds crass but as I get older it's becoming impossible to find an attractive women my age that doesn't have a soccer team of children...little help

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2014 #2
    def attractive(paramater1,parameter2,parameter3...parametern):
    ???

what exactly is your goal?

4. Oct 3, 2014 #3
    To find a Like minded attractive woman to spend time with and hopefully find love

5. Oct 3, 2014 #4

6. Oct 3, 2014 #5
    Just to find someone that I can genuinely enjoy this life with why you know someone lol

7. Oct 3, 2014 #6

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

1. Learn to like children.
    2. Date younger women.
    3. Try being single metaphorically instead.
    4. try being "to blessed sexy" instead.
    5. there is no number 5.

8. Oct 3, 2014 #7
    Thanks for your insight I'll try and keep that in mind

9. Oct 3, 2014 #8
    Grown up human male who thinks "he is too damn sexy" has some issues

10. Oct 3, 2014 #9

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

No worries - as you get older, the women your age will start t have older and older children - until the kids leave home and then you have them to yourself again. Of course, you can also start dating those older women right now ;)

Of course there is always switching to men? If you need the body to be female then go for transexuals.

In case you think I'm being too cavalier... I too went through a period where I had no trouble getting dates but really wanted something more settled. It's something that cures itself in time - the usual thing that happens is that you stop looking and then there she is. However, you can't force it. Just be open to the possibility and make sure the one-night stands you like get asked out again. At some point you'll wake up and realize you've been with the same person for a couple of years.

11. Oct 3, 2014 #10
    Appreciate the input good stuff

12. Oct 6, 2014 #11

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

What are you doing to find a partner? There are plenty of dating sites which would allow you to search for single, childless women your age with similar interests.

13. Oct 6, 2014 #12

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

That's a point - if having no trouble getting dates but not able to find anyone who wants to settle down, then try finding dates in a different way. This is hard. It basically means finding a new social set.

I'm going to disagree with Ryan though:
    Internet dating sites are almost all very bad with a few that are merely awful. Some people seem to do well from them - usually the people running them.

If you feel tempted, search for reviews and criticism on the specific services first.
    There are a lot of scam dating sites online, and a promise of romance is a major vector for scammers to attack you.
    If you find a half-way OK site, you still have to be smart about it.
    https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_webb_how_i_hacked_online_dating

I would suggest not trying, and watching to see if you have a "type" - if you think you don't, or are not sure, ask people who know you.
    Informally, people usually end up with someone who is not their type - as in, not characteristic of who they'd normally date. This makes sense - you are having fun but you are not happy with the sorts of women you usually date - it follows that the woman to make you happy will fall outside the group you usually date.

Apart from that it is a matter of just taking that chance when you get the butterfly feeling off someone ... I met my wife on the street for example. We were both watching a band busking and I asked her to dance expecting her to refuse.

14. Oct 6, 2014 #13

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

I don't think that's fair to say, individual experiences of dating sites vary depending on the site and IMO the location one is in. I live in London and amongst my generation dating sites have become really popular, especially dating apps (So much so that even if you dial distance settings down to within 1/2km and have a very small age range you can find hundreds of matches). I've used the latter with good success, not the former though I know many friends who have and have formed good relationships because of it.

It might be different for the OP but I don't think there is any harm in trying. If it doesn't work out you've not lost much at all. Even services that do charge I don't think are very expensive.

15. Oct 6, 2014 #14
    It's easier to find available women then available job nowdays.

16. Oct 7, 2014 #15

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I agree with Ryan. I've had great success on dating sites, finding like-minded, attractive people. Just make sure you verify someone before meeting them (like exchange pics holding a note with the date).

17. Oct 9, 2014 #16
    Apropriate song for OP;)

18. Oct 11, 2014 #17

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Or the Married With Children version.

19. Oct 12, 2014 #18
    :DD

20. Dec 25, 2014 #19
    I can see why you are single

21. Dec 25, 2014 #20
    Woman -> single, with a soccer team -> attractive.
    Woman - > single, no soccer team -> unattractive.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook