1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm trying to make a simple circuit

  1. Dec 13, 2004 #1
    I'm trying to make a simple circuit. The circuit design says that i need to use a 3-18 pf adjustable capacitor, i havent been able to obtain that component.
    Could you plz suggest a replacement that would work just as well as the 3-18 pf adjustable cap.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2004 #2
    A 3 to 18 pF cap is a 3 to 18 pF cap. No replacement. Although, you could use a 3 to 25 or 30 or something. You just will not use up all of the range of the cap before you reach 18 pF and will have poorer resolution.

    You might try adding in series a cap if you like to change the value of the variable cap. Caps in series inversely add. 1/c1 + 1/c2 = 1/ctotal.
  4. Dec 14, 2004 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    I quickly found a 3.5 - 20pF on RS, stock number 125-963. Keep looking and you might just find what you need.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Similar Discussions: I'm trying to make a simple circuit
  1. Simple Circuit (Replies: 1)