Im trying to make new post (newcomer)

• Thread starter annoymage
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed how to delete a post on a forum and how notifications are received for replies. It was mentioned that an edit button can be used to delete a post, but a moderator may need to be contacted to delete a thread. It was also suggested that notifications are sent to the email address provided during sign up. The individual thanked the forum for their help and expressed their desire to become a mathematician.
annoymage
testing.

Physics news on Phys.org

how to delete this post?

On posts you write there's an edit button, for a time, at the bottom right of your post. If you click the "edit" button, on the next screen that comes up is a "delete" button at the bottom right of the editing screen. I don't know that you can delete a thread, though. I think a moderator has to do that and you have to ask them. I'm not positive of that, though.

Hey, I can not post either !

hmm, why there's no notification if someone reply?? did i turn it off?

im sorry if I am asking question here, if it is not legal, tell me.. xP

annoymage said:
hmm, why there's no notification if someone reply?? did i turn it off?

im sorry if I am asking question here, if it is not legal, tell me.. xP

Welcome to PF, annoymage...and congrats at making your first posts :biggrin:.

I think you get notified at the email address you gave when you signed up. I say "I think" because I turned that feature off a long time ago.

owh, yeah.. hehe, anyway I am in PF quite long... but only by guess.. But now i decide to make an account.. hehe.. because i want to be a great mathematician (my dream)... and also, i think i wan to send PF flyers to my university :D..
and also, thank you very much for everything. thank you very very much.

1. How do I create a new post as a newcomer?

To create a new post, first navigate to the platform or forum where you want to make the post. Then, locate the button or link that says "Create New Post" or something similar. Click on it and you will be directed to a page or form where you can enter the content for your post. Make sure to follow any guidelines or rules set by the platform or forum.

2. Can I include images or videos in my new post?

It depends on the platform or forum you are using. Some platforms allow you to upload images or videos directly, while others may require you to use HTML code to embed them. Make sure to check the guidelines or rules of the platform before including any media in your post.

3. Is there a character or word limit for new posts?

Again, this varies depending on the platform or forum. Some may have a strict limit, while others may allow longer posts. If there is a limit, it is usually mentioned in the guidelines or rules. If not, try to keep your post concise and to the point.

4. How can I format my post to make it more visually appealing?

Most platforms and forums have built-in formatting options that allow you to change the font, add headings, use bold or italic text, and more. If you are familiar with HTML, you can also use basic HTML tags to format your post. Make sure to use formatting sparingly and to keep the overall design simple and easy to read.

5. Can I edit or delete my post after it has been published?

Again, this depends on the platform or forum. Some may allow you to edit or delete your post at any time, while others may have a time limit or may not allow any changes once the post is published. If you need to make any changes, try to do so before publishing or contact the platform or forum administrators for assistance.