Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm trying to teach myself about supersymmetry

1. Mar 15, 2008 #1
    Ok, I'm trying to teach myself about supersymmetry, using Weinberg III. My learning style is I don't really read things I just kind of infer what the author means. So I need clarification on a lot.

Lets start with the basics, from a mathematical point of view.

Where I'm at is at Haag Lopusanzski Sohnius theorem:

Now basically how I see this is as [tex]SO_ + (1,3) \cong \frac{{SL(2,\mathbb{C})}}{{Z_2 }}[/tex] So [tex]SO_ + (1,3)[/tex] is not simply connected, but has a [tex]{Z_2 }[/tex] grading. Your representation can be chosen so that [tex]{\mathbf{U}}(\bar \Lambda ){\mathbf{U}}(\Lambda ) = \pm {\mathbf{U}}(\bar \Lambda \Lambda )[/tex]. Where the + and - depend on whether you are talking about integer spin or half integer spin. Now my question is can I obtain Haag and Lopusanzski's results by working out the lie algebras of [tex]{\mathbf{U}}(\bar \Lambda ){\mathbf{U}}(\Lambda ) = \pm {\mathbf{U}}(\bar \Lambda \Lambda )[/tex]?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted