Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm wondering, how many people would have a problem dating someone like this?

1. You wouldn't date her because of THAT

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. You wouldn't care about THAT

66 vote(s)
    89.2%
  3. You PREFER people like that

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Feb 11, 2007 #1
    This is basically just a survey, I'm not trying to make fun of anyone here. I've done these surveys on some other forums, and I'm wondering whether the results will be about the same here. If this is considered an innappropriate question here, please forgive me.

[​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2007 #2
    Why did you choose 2's and 9's? They seem so far apart, did you use both hands? Wouldn't 2323111223 be easier?

And no I would not, anyone who still uses a cassette player is obviously not technologically advanced enough for my tastes.

4. Feb 11, 2007 #3
    Definitely but then we have COSHH and HASAW acts. So this is pretty much what we have to do by law.

COSHH

http://www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/

HASAW

http://www.dmccormick.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/coursecontent/02/2_03.htm

:smile: and she's fit anyway:biggrin: :tongue2:

5. Feb 11, 2007 #4
    Whats that movie about the guy who is dating the girl whose prosthetic leg is constantly falling off? lol

btw I voted that I wouldn't mind, of course. :P, the prosthetic leg wouldn't matter at all. Although I probably would have to buy her an ipod.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  6. Feb 11, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

I would hot have a problem dating Candace or any other woman amputee, on the basis of being an amputee. It is irrelevant.

What counts is the inner person.

7. Feb 11, 2007 #6
    :approve:

But in my opinion, this person is good looking as well :smile:
    Her good-lookingness is a bias to your test :wink:

8. Feb 11, 2007 #7

Astronuc

Candace is certainly an attractive woman.

However, I've known a lot of attractive women, but I wouldn't date them.

But for me, it's an academic exercise. I've been married to the same woman for nearly 25 yrs, or 26 years if one counts the year we lived together as time and opportunity would permit.

9. Feb 11, 2007 #8
    Agreed but if she gave me the nod I wouldn't be one to turn her down for a date, call me shallow or call me human? your choice :smile:

Dating and relationships are not the same thing, a date is a reconnaissance mission.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  10. Feb 11, 2007 #9
    This subtelty is way above my head, I don't understand ! :redface: Can you be more explicit please ?

11. Feb 11, 2007 #10

Astronuc

A date is a brief encounter in which one has the opportunity to learn about the other person. One can engage in successive dates with the same person and can develop into a relationship. A relationship is an evolutionary process.

12. Feb 11, 2007 #11

ranger

Gold Member

I now have new advice for my friends :biggrin:

Back to the OP. I would have no problem in dating someone like her.

13. Feb 11, 2007 #12
    A relationship is something more than a reconnaissance mission IMHO.

14. Feb 11, 2007 #13
    Thank you Astronuc. :smile:
    The part I really did not get is exactly the "reconnaissance mission" thing. But after browsing google, I realize that my problem only came from a similar wording in french. Sorry for my stupidity :redface:

15. Feb 11, 2007 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nope, couldn't do it...I don't date women. And I'm not really into people who are really crazy about things like sports either, and she looks like she's one of those people who's really into sports, too.

16. Feb 11, 2007 #15

verty

Homework Helper

A prosthetic leg is pretty uncontroversial. A much more telling question would be to ask who would date a girl who had her breasts amputated. (I wouldn't mind, personality is where it's at, well to a point, if she looked like a gremlin I'd probably not.)

17. Feb 11, 2007 #16

ranger

Gold Member

Chicks can get their breasts amputated :surprised

18. Feb 11, 2007 #17

Astronuc

19. Feb 11, 2007 #18

verty

Homework Helper

I've heard of at-risk women having the procedure in the interest of future health. I don't know how prevalent it is though, nor do I know whether or to what degree it is effective.

20. Feb 11, 2007 #19

verty

Homework Helper

From Astronuc's article:

21. Feb 11, 2007 #20

DaveC426913

Gold Member

No problem here. She's hot enough to turn my head, though that says nothing about who she is as a person.

(BTW, I would bet money that her attractiveness factored into her getting the spot. i.e. we're reacting exactly as expected.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?