Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Image embedding not working?

1. Mar 28, 2013 #1

The Electrician

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2013 #2

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

attachment.php?attachmentid=57232&stc=1&d=1364521046.png

[...]

attachment.php?attachmentid=57233&stc=1&d=1364520368.png

'Seems to work for me.

4. Mar 28, 2013 #3

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Did you happen to accidentally hit the "Insert Link" icon instead of the "Insert Image" icon on the toolbar? I'm guessing these might have changed appearance (and/or maybe even location on the toolbar) since the upgraded look of the site.

5. Mar 29, 2013 #4

The Electrician

Gold Member

I notice something that may have to do with the problem.

Right now, as I compose this message, there is an icon in the toolbar for "insert image"; it's right under the "undo" icon, the arrow rotating to the left.

But, if I attempt to edit (in advanced mode) the referenced post, the insert image icon turns into a "Insert [q u o t e] tags around selected text" (I spaced out quote so it wouldn't be taken as a tag). There is no "insert image" icon on the toolbar when editing in advanced mode.

I actually put the image code into the post by hand, typing the "" and " [Broken]" tags and inserting the URL between them. And, in fact, if I attempt to edit the post, that exactly what I see--the proper tags and URL.

But, you are right, it certainly looks like a link to the viewer who is not editing the post.

I wonder if I had used the toolbar icon for inserting an image when I first prepared the post, and then later changed the URL (because I didn't have the URL until I attached the image), if that would work?

The technique of editing in the image tags plus the URL has always worked before the recent change in the Forum software.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook