Artman said:
Does she have a sister? (Danger needs a woman. :wink: ) :biggrin:
Not yet. Still plenty of sheep around.

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Artman said:
Does she have a sister? (Danger needs a woman. :wink: ) :biggrin:

Good advice. When your imaginary girl is a tramp, dump the loser.

Oooh, when you think about it, if your imaginary girl friend is sleeping with your real guy friends...doesn't that mean your imagination is sleeping with your real guy...Eeeeeewwwww! :yuck:
What are you talking about? I thought Gale said "then sleeping with your best friend", not your 'real guy friends'.

In any event, I never really got along with any of my imaginary friends - male or female. Same complicated romantic relationships Gale17 noted - androids really do dream of electric sheep. :frown:

Danger said:
Not yet. Still plenty of sheep around.
:rofl:

I've got a funny sheep related story. I play guitar in a band at my church and we were having an evening service where our band plays. During the service, our minister has a moment where she talks. Her talk was about the "Good Shepherd." The service is informal so at one point she asks, "Does anyone have anything they would like to add?"
The guy playing guitar next to me leans over and quietly says, "know any good sheep stories?" :biggrin:

russ_watters

Mentor
I have two close female friends that I sometimes refer to as "girlfriend substitutes". We hang out so much, we may as well be dating -- we just aren't.

I've had imaginary relationships - the girl's always real, its just that I'll never actually get to date Natalie Portman....

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
I have two close female friends that I sometimes refer to as "girlfriend substitutes". We hang out so much, we may as well be dating -- we just aren't.

I've had imaginary relationships - the girl's always real, its just that I'll never actually get to date Natalie Portman....
DOESN'T COUNT! if you're gonna be delusional, you have to go all the way, sheesh!

Gale17 said:
DOESN'T COUNT! if you're gonna be delusional, you have to go all the way, sheesh!
Hey, if they're being delusional, some of these guys may actually GET to go all the way! :biggrin:
:rofl:

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Huckleberry said:
The women there will be much more interested in academic pursuits and may appreciate your intelligence and sense of humor.

It's good that you are a gentleman. This might sound strange, but I would not recommend being too much of a gentleman. Be polite and considerate and sincere, but don't make a footstool out of yourself. I've found that making women feel a little uncomfortable, off-balance can pique their interest. Confidence is charming. It gives a sense of security to the relationship. But don't over do it. Subtlety is an art.

Don't give up. Try to stay hopeful. Be true to yourself. Be honest with her. All that good stuff. Don't expect things to happen soon. Enjoy them when they happen.
I second that. :smile:

In fact, Motai, you have my permission to date my daughter any time. :biggrin:

motai said:
Alright.. I admit it. I have an imaginary girlfriend. :bugeye:

Since I am obviously completely inept at this sort of stuff, I have resorted to my imagination to solve my emotional woes. Anyone else have imaginary girlfriends, or am I just a freak? :rolleyes:
hey, Motai?
Tired of your friends and family telling you to get a girlfriend?
Want to make that certain someone a little jealous?
Need a confidence boost? Just feeling lonely sometimes?
here we go: http://www.imaginarygirlfriends.com/

Cheers! :wink:

russ_watters

Mentor
Whoa, that's disturbing.

russ_watters said:
Whoa, that's disturbing.
Good springboard for a movie plot, though: Bored girl takes job as imaginary girlfriend for extra bucks only to find herself increasingly drawn to geek she's assigned to...

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Paragon said:
Wow! Does the word "desperate" jump into anyone's mind with that link? Just wait until the real girlfriend finds that stash of loveletters, and you have to explain who this girlfriend was you never told her about! :eek: Can you pay a premium and get the imaginary psychotic stalker of an ex-girlfriend? I hear those can really spice up your life.

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
motai said:
Alright.. I admit it. I have an imaginary girlfriend. :bugeye:
Oops, dude, I swear I didn't know she was spoken for. o:)

It's a normal part of growing up. No, if you fall madly in love with her ... you have a problem. But thinking about a girl that you would like and she would like you too, and you enjoy some things together is alright. It's fantasy. [/QUOTE]

Oh its only so much a problem when you attach that fantasy to a real person. Then it all goes to ****.

To Motai:

I know the feeling. It sucks. but that's life. Solution: Spend your time building your own beowulf cluster. Who needs women when you can compute in parallel?

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Is that really a normal part of growing up? I didn't even want a girlfriend until the latter half of high school. I must have had 90% of my middle school and freshman/sophomore class ask me out at some point or another, and I said no to every last one of them (you'd think they'd give up at some point). What the hell made an anti-social misfit so attractive is beyond me.

Anyway, I do have my imaginary mistress, who keeps me company when the real girls aren't enough:

In my world, Jennifer Connelly never says no.

Last edited by a moderator:
loseyourname said:
What the hell made an anti-social misfit so attractive is beyond me.
It's becaused they sensed you had no interest whatever in them. This is a strange dynamic, but it crops up alot. Maybe it boils down to people becoming inwardly alarmed that there's something they can't have, I'm not sure.

ShawnD

Science Advisor
Moonbear said:
Wow! Does the word "desperate" jump into anyone's mind with that link? Just wait until the real girlfriend finds that stash of loveletters, and you have to explain who this girlfriend was you never told her about! :eek:
How would you even deal with a situation like that? Would you tell her that you still love your ex, or do you tell her you're weirdo who makes up girlfriends?

That movie Fight Club had an interesting idea. Instead of imagining what you want from other people, imagine what you want from yourself. Don't try to act like that person; actually become that person. Just draw the line at changing your name and getting a fake SS/SI number :tongue:

Last edited:
why don't you buy yourself a doll (life size), you know to do some stuff... :rofl:

Being an Imaginary Girlfriend can be a lot of fun and can earn you money too! You can be an Imaginary Girlfriend for several clients at once and have unlimited earning potential. We allow you to set your own prices for your services and benefit from our generous profit sharing program. You can earn $30 to $100 per Imaginary Relationship!
hey... i was looking for a summer job!
mum and dad: You need a job! you can't sit around all summer, doing nothing. and if you want to go out and buy new clothes... you've got to pay for it yourself! you need to learn some responsibilty you can't just expect to get by on your wits, charm, and good looks. you need to go...
me: HEY! i have a job!
them: huh?
me: ya, i just send boys my picture, and then write them nice letters, and i pretend to be their girlfriend. then they send me money.
them: *speachless*

that'd be awesome. you have to be 18 though... god... what don't you have to be 18 for... well at any rate, if you're still looking for an imaginary girlfriend to show off to your buddies fellas, in october... lemme know :wink:

ShawnD

Science Advisor
Try anyway. How are they actually going to check if you're not 18?
Also learn photoshop. That way you can put fake tatoos on your pictures :biggrin:

Last edited:

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
zoobyshoe said:
It's becaused they sensed you had no interest whatever in them. This is a strange dynamic, but it crops up alot. Maybe it boils down to people becoming inwardly alarmed that there's something they can't have, I'm not sure.
There is that. People always want what they can't have.

Evo said:
When I was younger there weren't that many great guys to date, so I would think about the type of guy I would love to meet and think about what we do and where we would go. It was my relaxing before bedtime ritual
Yeah, that is more along the lines of what I was experiencing. It wasn't an actual full-out "imaginary girlfriend" like Paragon's link *shudders*. Its not like I write love letters to a ficticious entity, it is more or less just a random passive thought (am I thinking about loving an imaginary girlfriend right this second? no. Actually I might as well ditch the concept of one and find a real one, haven't thought about "her" recently :tongue2:)

I guess I should have titled this thread "Fantasy girlfriends" but "imaginary girlfriends" implies

girlfriend * [tex]\sqrt{-1}[/tex] :biggrin: :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
I second that.

In fact, Motai, you have my permission to date my daughter any time.
:redface: :blushing: :redface:

Last edited:
loseyourname said:
In my world, Jennifer Connelly never says no.
You and me both!

Ever since I've seen 'Labyrinth' I've had a thing for Jennifer Connelly. My favorite part are the fieries...
"Where you goin' with a head like that?"
"Hey lady, it's against the rules to take off other people's heads."
"Yeah, you're only aloud to take off your own head."
"I know, let's take off her head."

Please nobody see Diana in the Imaginary Girlfriends website
Please nobody see Diana in the Imaginary Girlfriends website

ShawnD

Science Advisor
motai said:
Its not like I write love letters to a ficticious entity
Telling friends that you're sleeping with your imaginary girl isn't any better :wink:

At least none of those sessions ends with her saying "don't worry it happens sometimes" while you put your head in your hands and cry in the corner. :rofl:

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Re: imaginarygirlfriends.com website
Moonbear said:
Wow! Does the word "desperate" jump into anyone's mind with that link?
Like Russ mentioned, "Disturbing" is what jumps to mind. :rolleyes: Actually, the more I think about it - "Depraved" comes to mind.

me said:
Motai, based on my experience in high school, there must be girls in your classes. Just start talking to them, but go beyond math and science, e.g. your taste in music, art, . . . whatever.
I just found your post that says that you graduated HS, so I don't know if you are still taking classes. Don't waste any time - just start talking to the girls in your class or commencement.

I found out a few years ago that a very nice girl had a crush on me back in high school. She still remembered me after 25+ years. I always figured she had plenty of guys chasing her, but apparently she was hoping I would have asked her out.

She did approach me one time in the library. She came up behind me and leaned over me with her chest on top of my forehead (this sounds bawdy, but she had a full figure :blushing: ). I guess that was supposed to give me a hint. She asked me to look after he purse while she went to do something. I guess she didn't realize she needed to take a sledgehammer and hit me upside the head. Arrggghhh!

So, don't miss an opportunity.

Last edited:
Huckleberry said:
Ever since I've seen 'Labyrinth' I've had a thing for Jennifer Connelly. My favorite part are the fieries...
"Where you goin' with a head like that?"
"Hey lady, it's against the rules to take off other people's heads."
"Yeah, you're only aloud to take off your own head."
"I know, let's take off her head."
"Hey, her head don't come off!"
"Of course it doesn't!"
I love that film too. I don't have a thing for Jennifer Connelly though. I fancy Ludo :biggrin: