Imaginary Girlfriends

• Thread starter motai
  • Start date
Astronuc said:
I guess she didn't realize she needed to take a sledgehammer and hit me upside the head. Arrggghhh!
I don't think it gets any more obvious than that. I've had whole relationships that never went that far. :biggrin:

icvotria said:
I love that film too. I don't have a thing for Jennifer Connelly though. I fancy Ludo
Well, you don't know what I'm missing. I can understand the fascination with Ludo. He is a sexy beast.

russ_watters

Mentor
Astronuc said:
Re: imaginarygirlfriends.com website
Like Russ mentioned, "Disturbing" is what jumps to mind. :rolleyes: Actually, the more I think about it - "Depraved" comes to mind.
Well, the next word I had was "pathetic". But after that, "intriguing"...

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
russ_watters said:
But after that, "intriguing"...
OK, Russ, you're starting to worry me. :wink: As long as "possibility" does not follow.

Besides, I thought you had a thing for Ann Coulter. :biggrin:

This whole thread is worrying me. Imaginary girlfriends on the net?? What ever next.

Imagining who you want is a part of most people's growing up. In that sense, imaginary is fine

The Bob (2004 ©)

ShawnD

Science Advisor
Astronuc said:
Besides, I thought you had a thing for Ann Coulter. :biggrin:
You mean this Ann Coulter?

http://myfiles.dyndns.org:8080/macros/AnnCoulter_Thataintnowoman1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
When I was younger there weren't that many great guys to date, so I would think about the type of guy I would love to meet and think about what we do and where we would go. It was my relaxing before bedtime ritual, and would become my dream when I fell asleep. This is how I became proficient in directed dreamming.

Everynight before going to bed I would think about what I would dream about that night and make it happen. If the dream starts to go into a direction I don't like, I rewind and start over from the point I want to change and make it better.

This has me a little bit puzzled. You say there weren't many then? What about now? My thinking tells me that, of those your age or older, all that are here now were also here then. So do you have a preference for those who are younger?

KM

Evo

Mentor
Kenneth Mann said:
This has me a little bit puzzled. You say there weren't many then? What about now?
When I was younger there was no internet, you were pretty much confined to meeting people within a small radius of where you lived. The picking was very slim. :frown:

My thinking tells me that, of those your age or older, all that are here now were also here then.
I live in a different part of the country now, it's worse. :grumpy:

So do you have a preference for those who are younger?

KM
It seems I've always met younger men, but I'm not opposed to someone my age. I probably should stick to men my age, but most are carrying so much emotional baggage from prior relationships that they just aren't worth the trouble.

Where are the emotionally secure men, with a brain, yet are just nuts enough to want me? I don't believe there any. :frown:

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I've got a perfect man for you, Evo. He lives in Manhattan and is the former CFO of a kidney research center that is now on permanent disability because of a lifelong battle with Krohn's disease that has only recently begun to find proper treatment. Worry not. The disease is not terminal and he is fully functional. In fact, he no longer suffers from disease symptoms; his only troubles now are related to the malnourishment he suffered growing up due to the disease. He is a lively man that cooks well, loves going to fine restaurants, enjoys cinema and sports, and reads a great deal, recently about medieval history. He drives a pretty fast sports car and is publishing a novel based loosely on his experiences growing up in Brooklyn. I believe he is 55 or so, divorced for a little over 10 years, and has one daughter, a girl I used to date that is a very good friend of mine.

Unfortunately, he's taken at the moment, but if he stops seeing the woman he is seeing right now, maybe you'll have an in. I think you'd like this guy.

Evo

Mentor
loseyourname said:
I've got a perfect man for you, Evo.
:cry: Story of my life. They're either already taken or insane. :frown:

Thanks for rubbing in the fact that yet another great guy is unavailable. :grumpy: (kidding :smile: )

I've also missed out on some great guys because I am rather clueless and unless they come straight out and say "I'd like to get to know you", I assume they are just being friendly/nice to me, but aren't interested in me personally. I'm actually too afraid of looking foolish and asking them if they'd like to get to know me better. Then years later after it's too late I find out that they were interested. :frown:

Lisa!

Gold Member
I have no imaginary boyfriend but when someone propose a marriage,I find one. :surprised His picture comes to my mind and I compare him with that guy :confused: He is so jealous. :cool:
My imaginary boyfriend :
1.never cares about women too much 2.has an interesting personality.3.is so clever(maybe a genius) 4.is humorist(somehow sarcastic),so ambitious,wise and open-minded 5.is so practical and knowledgable about everything
6.loves me because of my personality not appearance
7.when we're walking together,nobody points at us"hey beauty &beast.I'm sure she is unfaithful to him"(I'm afraid but most of wonderful peole are ugly)
enough of that,because I think I can never find him in this world.and if I do,he's not interested in girls.

So I think having an imaginary girlfriend/boyfriend could be dangerous if you look for him in this world or compare your real one with her/him! :cry:

Last edited:
My bf name is Xeon! :blushing:

I have a question : Let's take an imaginary strategy : I push the rumour forward I'm very rich.... Will I see a lot of "interested" people coming around ??

kleinwolf said:
I have a question : Let's take an imaginary strategy : I push the rumour forward I'm very rich.... Will I see a lot of "interested" people coming around ??
Sure, as long as your rumor can keep its internal secret :wink:

Tell me if you have nothing, who's going to be your friends ? Those people suc!ks, take care of your blood! :wink:

Yes...especially a lot of gals went mad when they discovered the truth...spending so much time in trying to find it to discover nothing, it should be very frustrating :-)

That's why you should always have several accounts, in case of one is being discovered...in order to save your skin.

I am faithful, and that is why I stay with one account only.
Who cares about a poor ugly man like me anyway ?

Yes...I'm poor too but I let that rumour around and I met some of those moneysuckers...Since I had not so much, it took only a few moments to discover the stupid trap... now, she already found a millionaire....This is very funny.

kleinwolf said:
Yes...I'm poor too but I let that rumour around and I met some of those moneysuckers...Since I had not so much, it took only a few moments to discover the stupid trap... now, she already found a millionaire....This is very funny.
That millionaire should be an idiot! :wink:

Maybe, but I think she has quite good methods of persuasion to get what she wants...of course if there is nothing then it's more difficult :-)

kleinwolf said:
Maybe, but I think she has quite good methods of persuasion to get what she wants...of course if there is nothing then it's more difficult :-)
My lady (or lady-like ) :wink:
True, ladies all have special skills of persuasion, their charms, tone of speech, their gentle/charming touch, etc :wink: are their powerful things.

My experience tells me never to stay around when she cries/ is going to cry.

Yes, they especially know all the tricks to get to the purse (anykind of course)...and then suddenly they disappear.

Do they become dangerous when they cry ??

Why don't you just go look for them ? If you love them, follow them to wherever they go

They do not become dangerous when they cry, it is just that I don't feel like it or take it when they cry before me.

If you follow them they sue you for harassment, if you do nothing they just tell you're unable to do something with them. They particularly lilke to show they are more intelligent and can destroy you in a few moments......In fact they just want to get the money, go to find the other jackass next door to do the same...so follow them if you like that....

kleinwolf said:
If you follow them they sue you for harassment, if you do nothing they just tell you're unable to do something with them. They particularly lilke to show they are more intelligent and can destroy you in a few moments......In fact they just want to get the money, go to find the other jackass next door to do the same...so follow them if you like that....
If they say that you are unable to do something with them, why don't you admit that you are unable to do something with them ? You say you won't follow them, and also said you didn't like gals who are in love for money, why don't you tell them straight about your disabilities so that they will go away from you as soon as you like ?

My wife has a lot of gay friends, and I know quite quickly who are gays and who are not right at the first place. Their appearance, looks etc. And it is really easy to check if one is gay or not, their psychology is pretty different from straight men's as far as I know, a very interesting thing to do a reseach on.

Last edited:
I'm not buying any of this.

The problem is not the orientation of the friends...if gals have gay friends, let say it's just to talk to them, but don't be afraid they will make them pay all the suppers and drinks.... It 's not an affair of love, it's just who can seduct the other to obtain the paying, some use force of provocation, others just biased psychology. You particularly see this during separations.