Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Imaginary playmates

1. Dec 8, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/202632_imaginary07.html

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

Did those researchers never have imaginary friends when they were children? Maybe they were a bit abnormal, so don't understand what "just pretend" means. :biggrin:

I remember my imaginary friends from childhood, though I'm not sure if I really invented them, or if it was my grandparents. It was an ongoing joke for a long time between me and my grandparents. The imaginary friends were 3 frogs, named Bloop Bloop, Pollywog, and Skizmafraz. Each winter, when my grandparents went to FL (they were the snowbird type), they took the frogs with them. Eventually Pollywog and Skizmafraz dropped out of the picture, but Bloop Bloop travelled with them for a long time. We used to joke in letters to each other (you know, back in the day when grandkids wrote letters to their grandparents) where I'd ask how Bloop Bloop was doing and they'd write back all the trouble he'd gotten into that week. :biggrin: It was a fun game! Maybe we should wonder why my grandparents had the same imaginary friend I had! :rofl:

4. Dec 11, 2004 #3

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Quite interesting subject matter... Clive agrees, don't you Clive?
    Clive says yes, but only I can hear him you see.

5. Dec 11, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All of my imaginary playmates were Bunnies. :wink:

:biggrin:

6. Dec 12, 2004 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have tons of imaginary friends. I play with them every day on PF. I am hoping that one day, like the Velveteen Rabbit, I'll love you enough that you will become real.

7. Dec 12, 2004 #6
    I was never cool enough to have imaginary friends. :cry:

8. Dec 13, 2004 #7

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Imaginary friends are overrated. Imaginary enemies are where things begin to get interesting.

9. Dec 13, 2004 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Remember, even if you're paranoid and you know it, they still might be out to get you!!!

10. Dec 14, 2004 #9

matthyaouw

Gold Member

That's why I keep my tinfoil beanie on a all times! Showering was tricky at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of the thing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?