Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IMG Tags?

1. Jun 24, 2004 #1

Moe

Hello,
    I am fairly new to these fora. Usually this version of vBulletin supports image tags like these:
    [i]http://www.myimageurl.com/image.jpg[/i] [/ img].
    I was just wondering whether they are disabled for a reason? Or is it a technical problem?

Cheers,
    Moe

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's disabled to prevent abuse.

- Warren

4. Jun 24, 2004 #3
    Moe, your more than welcome to link or attach the photos your wanting to share

5. Jun 24, 2004 #4
    If you right click on image and go to properties, the url is listed there and can be copied here. The way these images are linked here are a good way, as they demonstrate the origin of the images. Once clicked on, the images will open in another screen to look at, which then can be closed, without losing post.

Although I find, that if all pictures have signatures(by right clicking), then we immediately recognize its owner? Is this considered infringement when its author has been recognized? It cannot exist without this address.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2004
  6. Jun 25, 2004 #5

Moe

Thank you for clearing that up. I'll just copy-paste the URL in the future.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?