Solving Force Calculation for Separated Masses: Immediate Help Needed!

• Thread starter auee
  • Start date
In summary: Q and P should be equal.In summary, the problem is asking for the relationship between two masses (or charges) at a fixed distance in order to create the maximum force, and the answer is that the masses (or charges) should be equal.
auee
We just started class and i really need a refresher on physics..unfortunately, our prof already gave us a problem..i know it's simple but i honestly can't get to answer it..please..help me..ASAP

mass/electron Q and mass/electron P are separated from each others at a fixed distance r. How is Q related to P if the force is maximum?

***please help me Super ASAP...thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
auee said:
We just started class and i really need a refresher on physics..unfortunately, our prof already gave us a problem..i know it's simple but i honestly can't get to answer it..please..help me..ASAP

mass/electron Q and mass/electron P are separated from each others at a fixed distance r. How is Q related to P if the force is maximum?
It would help if you would give us the entire question. The problem seems to ask: how should the total charge or mass (= P+Q) be divided up in order to create the maximum force between P and Q?

All you have to know is that the gravitational force between two masses (or the electrical force between two charges) is proportional to the product of the two masses (or charges). So, when is this product maximum?

AM

Last edited:

Hi there,

I understand that you are in need of immediate help with a physics problem involving force calculations for separated masses. I'm happy to assist you with this problem!

First, let's review the basics of force calculation. Force is defined as the product of mass and acceleration (F=ma). In this case, we are dealing with two masses, Q and P, separated by a distance r. The force between them can be calculated using Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, which states that the force between two masses is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them (F=G(m1m2)/r^2).

Now, in order to determine how Q is related to P if the force is maximum, we need to understand the concept of maximum force. The maximum force between two masses occurs when they are at their closest distance, or when r=0. This means that the masses are essentially touching each other, creating the strongest force of attraction between them.

So, to answer your question, if the force between Q and P is maximum, it means that they are at their closest distance and the force between them is at its strongest. In terms of their relationship, we can say that Q and P are strongly attracted to each other and have a high level of gravitational pull.

I hope this explanation helps you understand the problem better and allows you to solve it successfully. Remember to always review the basics and equations involved in a problem before attempting to solve it. Best of luck in your physics class!

1. What does "Immediate Answer Needed" mean?

"Immediate Answer Needed" means that a response or solution is needed as soon as possible, without delay.

2. Why is an immediate answer sometimes necessary in scientific research?

In scientific research, an immediate answer may be necessary in order to address time-sensitive issues, make critical decisions, or prevent potential harm or damage.

3. How do scientists determine if an immediate answer is needed?

Scientists determine if an immediate answer is needed by evaluating the urgency of the situation, the potential consequences of delay, and the availability of resources to address the issue.

4. What are some strategies scientists use to provide immediate answers?

Some strategies scientists may use to provide immediate answers include conducting experiments and observations in a timely manner, collaborating with other experts in the field, and utilizing advanced technology and tools.

5. Are there any risks or drawbacks to providing an immediate answer in scientific research?

While providing an immediate answer can be beneficial in certain situations, there may be risks or drawbacks such as limited time for thorough analysis or the possibility of errors due to time constraints. It is important for scientists to carefully consider the potential consequences before providing an immediate answer.