How to Simplify Integration by Parts for a Complex Expression?

• Thread starter Dell
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, by using substitution and polynomial division, we can simplify the given integral from 4 to 9 to an integral from 2 to 3. Then, by breaking it into two integrals and using the substitution method for the first one, we can solve the integral and get the final answer of 2[(t^2)/2]+3t-6ln|t+2| from 2 to 3.
Dell
4[tex]\int[/tex]9[tex]\frac{1-\sqrt{x}}{\sqrt{x}+2}[/tex]

what i did:
t=[tex]\sqrt{x}[/tex]
x=t2
dx=x'dt=2tdt

now my integration is from 2-3 instead of 4-9

[tex]\int[/tex][tex]\frac{1-t}{t+2}[/tex]2tdt=2[tex]\int[/tex][tex]\frac{t-t2}{t+2}[/tex]dt

=2([tex]\int[/tex][tex]\frac{t}{t+2}[/tex]dt-[tex]\int[/tex][tex]\frac{t2}{t+2}[/tex]dt)

the 1st integral i can replace with[tex]\int[/tex]1-[tex]\frac{2}{t+2}[/tex]dt which is an immediate integral, but how do i simplify the second part??

Physics news on Phys.org

Just divide t+2 into t^2 using polynomial division. Actually, you might want to take a step by and divide t-t^2 by t+2.

i get t+3-[6/(t+2)]

so i get --->2[(t^2)/2]+3t-6ln|t+2|]
is this right??

Dell said:
i get t+3-[6/(t+2)]

so i get --->2[(t^2)/2]+3t-6ln|t+2|]
is this right??

Sure.

1. What is an immediate integral problem?

An immediate integral problem is a type of integral that can be solved using basic integration rules without the need for substitution or integration by parts.

2. How can I recognize an immediate integral problem?

An immediate integral problem will typically have a single variable and a simple expression involving basic functions such as polynomials, exponentials, and trigonometric functions.

3. What are some common integration rules used to solve immediate integral problems?

Some common integration rules used to solve immediate integral problems include the power rule, exponential rule, and trigonometric rule. These rules allow you to find the antiderivative of a function and solve the integral.

4. Are there any specific steps I should follow when solving an immediate integral problem?

Yes, there are specific steps you can follow when solving an immediate integral problem. First, identify the type of integral and apply the appropriate integration rule. Then, integrate each term separately and add the constants of integration at the end.

5. Can I use a calculator to solve an immediate integral problem?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve an immediate integral problem, but it is important to understand the steps and rules involved in solving the integral. Calculators can be helpful for verifying your answer, but it is always best to have a solid understanding of the concepts behind the solution.