Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Immigration

1. Mar 22, 2005 #1
    The rules of the immigration game are very simple...

http://www.transience.com.au/el/elgameo.html

:rofl: :smile:

(This is a repost. The post disappeared and even Evo can't find anything about what happened to it... gone without a trace. So you people who posted in it originally--Moonbear and (I think) Argentum Vulpes--tell me you remember the original post, ok? Otherwise I'm losing my mind or somehow jumping between parallel universes.)

My high score is now 4499. I don't think there's any lag, your bike just can't turn on a dime.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, I know I saw the original, because when I saw this one, I was all ready to point out you already posted it. :tongue: Though, this still doesn't necessarily mean you haven't lost your mind. :tongue2:

I should try it from work to see if there's the same lag on a faster connection, but I'm not sure if my browser here works well enough for it to play at all...but, since I have 20 min to kill before I can do my last thing of the day in the lab, I might as well give it a try.

Edit: Oooh, much better on a fast connection. Yes, there is definitely a really long lag on a slow connection! I only got a measly 1332 for my score, but I have to work my way up. Now I know if you get the police cars to crash into each other, you get bonus points! :cool: :biggrin:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  4. Mar 22, 2005 #3
    My high it 3697. I think it gets harder the more points you get. By the time i hit 3000 there was never less than like 6 cars at a time, it was crazy!

5. Mar 22, 2005 #4
    I just got 6123!!! I think the increasing difficulty may have to do with how many lives you've spent. I spent a lot of time on my second-to-last life and it wasn't too bad, and then when I got to my last life they appeared in swarms. I think it does get more difficult though.

6. Mar 23, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you might be right. Even with my pathetically low score, on my last life, the cars were coming in from every direction. It would be better if the number of cars had to do with your score rather than lives left, but I have yet to try again and find out if more cars show up sooner if I get a higher score on the first life.

7. Mar 23, 2005 #6
    so, just something cool, but you can jump the rocks, and then you can land on the cop cars when they're close, and ride them a little, its especially fun because then all the other cars are trying to get you, and so they hit eachother....

8. Mar 23, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cool! I did find you could jump rocks (though you can also hit them at the wrong angle and skid), but I didn't know you could jump on top of a cop car.

9. Mar 23, 2005 #8
    ya, you can only jump off the cop car if you hit the rocks first... heh, if you just hit the car.. you crash. Also, an other interesting point (yes, i've been amusing myself with this for way too long) but you can zoom in, and its much more realistic. You feel like you're really there, in the heat of the moment, risking your life for a chance of your very own taco stand to call home.

Heh... it makes it harder to play though.......

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?