Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Impact speed of vehicle

1. Feb 25, 2016 #1
    can someone help me determine the impact speed of a vehicle if i provide specifics? i keep coming up with different answers!!!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

We don't try to participate in accident investigations, if that's where you're headed with this. You need to hire a professional for such things. :smile:

4. Feb 25, 2016 #3
    it is not for accident investigation it is a question i have to solve but come up with very different answers. im sure if it was regarding accidents i would take it more seriously than a science forum. any help appreciated :)

5. Feb 25, 2016 #4

berkeman

Then sure, fire away... :smile:

6. Feb 25, 2016 #5
    vehicle A weighs 3677lbs (1667.86 kg) with passengers and fuel. vehicle B weighs 3475lbs (1576.23 kg) with passengers and fuel. vehicle A is turning left at an approximate 70 degree angle. Vehicle B hits vehicle A centre passenger side sending vehicle A into a 160 degree clockwise rotational spin ending up 12 meters away from point of impact. Vehicle B has not moved since impact. how fast was vehicle B travelling?

7. Feb 25, 2016 #6
    this was on asphalt i might add....

8. Feb 25, 2016 #7

berkeman

You said you keep coming up with different answers. Can you show us your calculations, and the answers you are getting? :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook